You can’t deny it: putting your feet in warm water is one of the greatest pleasures that can exist after a long and difficult day. Therefore, before sleeping, you have to do this medicinal foot bath, which has great benefits.
It may interest you: Do you know what foods you should eat to take care of your feet?
Benefits of medicinal foot bath
The foot bath is a traditional external treatment method of Traditional Chinese Medicine, which is why it has been practiced for thousands of years.
Why is it still so popular despite the time? Due to its great benefits:
- Eliminates blood waste, promoting circulation.
- Helps heal injuries.
- It plays a role in cleaning the human body.
- It is an aid in the treatment of different diseases and also prevents them.
- Its thermal stimulation accelerates microcirculation and opens pores.
- It is relaxing, because blood flow is relatively reduced, so it is recommended to do this therapy before sleeping and get a more restful rest.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, various organs are reflected in human feet and where meridians pass.
When feet are immersed in hot water, these reflection areas are stimulated to promote blood circulation, which regulates the endocrine system, improves organ function, and prevents negative health effects.
Do not miss: Medicinal plants that you have in your home and how you can use them
How to make a homemade herbal bath
To make a foot bath you need to soak your feet in hot water for half an hour (the temperature should be between 38 ° and 43 ° C). The herbs or plants that you should use are very varied. These are our recommendations:
- Peppermint: improves blood circulation and reactivates tired muscles.
- Sage: relieves pain caused by footwear.
- Chamomile: reduces swelling and improves the appearance of the skin.
- Lavender: it is relaxing, it helps to have a restful sleep.
- Rose petals: hydrates the skin and is good for the mind and memory.
- Rosemary: improves circulation and strengthens nails.
What you have to do is include a few leaves and / or stems of one of these herbs in the hot water and wait for it to melt to take effect.
Tip: You can add a handful of sugar to the water for an exfoliating effect.
You are interested: Tips to show off perfect feet
- Soak your feet for 15 to 30 minutes, no longer. And you should do it at night, before sleeping. Avoid walking and going barefoot after this bath.
- Rectify the water temperature to avoid burns or other adverse effects.
- If you’ve already had dinner, wait at least 1 hour to do the bath. Nor should you do it if you have not consumed food.
- Dry your feet very well after bathing and cover them with socks so they don’t get cold.
- In case of athlete’s foot, it is not advisable to do the foot bath. We recommend that you first consult with your doctor.
- People with varicose veins shouldn’t.
Discover more health and lifestyle tips in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com