Good Morning! What are we going to have for breakfast today? We want you to prepare some deliciouss gringas of guacamole with chorizo and manchego cheese. Follow the step by step of this recipe.
It may interest you: Mini chicharrón quesadillas with inexpensive and delicious beans
Guacamole gringas recipe
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 cup of Manchego cheese grated
- ¼ onion, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, mashed
- ½ cup pineapple in small pieces
- 1 lemon
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup of cream
- sliced serrano pepper
- ½ cup minced chorizo, sliced
Don’t Miss: These Grilled Fish Tacos Are The Best You’re Going To Try
- First, place the cheeses between two tortillas and grill on a striped griddle. Meanwhile, add the lemon to the avocado in a bowl and season.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix the onion, tomato, serrano pepper, chorizo, pineapple and salt and pepper to make a pico de gallo.
- Cut the gringas into quarters, put a tablespoon of avocado in each one.
- Finish decorating with the pico de gallo and the cream.
You’re interested in: Healthy snacks: fish tacos with guacamole
History of this treat
The story goes that in the Anzures neighborhood of the 70’s, in Mexico City, two girls from the United States frequently went to El Tizoncito, one of the first taquerías that popularized al pastor tacos.
These used to order their tacos in wheat flour tortillas and with melted cheese. The taquero, then, would open a quesadilla and put the filling of a taco al pastor.
The rest of the customers, seeing what they served these girls, asked that they bring them the same thing as the “gringas”. And that’s how this Mexican treat was born.
Because you loved this recipe, we invite you to learn more delicious ideas for family breakfast, only in Easy Kitchen