It’s time to have breakfast! And to try an authentic Mexican breakfast, we share these with you green chilaquiles with egg that are yummy!
It may interest you: Breakfast: how many calories you should consume to avoid gaining body fat
Green chilaquiles with egg recipe
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 6 cups of tortilla chips
- Enough oil for frying
- ½ sliced onion
- ½ cooked and shredded breast
- 1 tbsp. soy
- 1 l green sauce
- 2 serrano peppers sliced
- 2 radishes, sliced
- ½ cup coriander sprouts
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup double cream cheese crumbled
- 4 eggs
Do not miss: 5 recipes of Mexican chilaquiles for breakfast after the celebration
- Fry the onion in a hot pan with oil and when it begins to brown add the chicken and soy. Salt and pepper.
- Prepare scrambled eggs in another hot pan with oil.
- Heat the green sauce and when it starts to boil, serve in bowls with chips, add the chicken, one egg per bowl, cheese, chili slices, cream and sprouts. Finish with a little pepper on top.
You are interested in: The best breakfasts for each fitness goal
The curious origin of the chilaquiles
The name of chilaquil comes from Nahuatl chilli, which means “chile” and here, “Put in”, so its meaning could be “put in sauce”.
Regarding their origin, it is not known for sure where and when they arose. The truth is that people, in order not to waste their tortillas, kept the ones that were left over to eat them the next day.
As these were very hard, they soaked them in sauce to be able to eat them and accompanied them with beans.
With more craving? Discover more delicious recipes for breakfast in Easy Kitchen for the whole family