When we talk about teas, one of the favorites is undoubtedly the chamomile teaas it has a really delicious flavor that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
In addition to this, many times, it gets us out of the stomach troubles we get into.
Chamomile not only contains an enormous amount of healing properties, but also aesthetic ones.
According to a study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), chamomile flowers contain many terpenoids and flavonoids, which provide the flower with medicinal properties.
If you do not drink chamomile tea, surely after reading this information this drink will become your favorite, since you will be surprised by all the benefits it has for your health.
It may interest you: Learn about oregano tea and its benefits
Chamomile tea benefits
- Chamomile flowers contain alpha-bisabol and other flavonoids, volatile oils that possess anti-inflammatory properties.
- It is scientifically proven that the consumption of chamomile extract shows significant reductions in the cell viability of various types of cancer.
- Vaporizing chamomile tea helps common cold symptoms, not only because of the heat it provides to your body, but it also helps your respiratory system.
- The University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC) have shown that low doses of chamomile can relieve anxiety.
- While high amounts help sleep.
Maybe you are interested in 13 benefits of ginger to your health
- Chamomile has been used from generation to generation to combat stomach aches, irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, and gas.
- It also helps you relax muscle contractions, especially the intestinal ones.
- A study from the UK’s University of Nottingham Medical School indicates that chamomile helps you relax your blood vessels significantly.
- In addition, it maintains smooth muscle fibers in good condition, which is due to apigenin, luteolin and the bisabolol it contains.
You may be interested All about anti-stress herbs and spices
- If you are diabetic, have a diabetic family member or know someone who suffers from this disease, they should know that drinking chamomile tea daily while eating your food, helps you prevent the complications of diabetes, including loss of vision, damage nervous and in the kidneys, this according to a study of the American Chemical Society.
- For those women who suffer from terrible menstrual cramps, drinking chamomile tea will help relieve pain, as its anti-inflammatory and sedative power will soothe this discomfort.
Learn about the best recipes with chamomile in Easy Kitchen