The dandelion It is a herbaceous plant, belonging to the Asteraceae family, and that since ancient times has been used for medicinal purposes, thanks to its multiple health properties.
In fact, nowadays it is used for the production of pharmaceutical compounds, and not only that: it is very popular prepared as an infusion and its leaves are also appreciated to include them in rich and healthy salads.
We invite you to know all the benefits that this herb has for you. Keep reading!
Do not miss: Infusion of ginger, honey and lemon
- Both its root and leaves are useful to alleviate mild digestive disorders, such as heaviness and gas.
- Improves bone health, as it is rich in calcium. It also has vitamin C and luteolin, antioxidants that protect bones from deterioration caused by age.
- In addition, these antioxidants promote the proper functioning of the liver and protect it against aging and liver disorders.
- Another of its qualities is that it stimulates the production of insulin in people with diabetes, keeping blood sugar levels low.
- Dandelion sap has alkaline, germicidal, insecticidal and fungal properties that take special care of the skin, fighting problems such as eczema, itching and itching without the risk of side effects.
- Not only that: with detoxifying properties, it is an excellent treatment for acne, as well as promoting hormonal regulation and balance.
- Dandelion is diuretic in nature, which promotes urination and helps eliminate retained fluids in the body.
- Its high fiber content makes it very beneficial to avoid constipation problems.
It may interest you: Learn how to prepare a verbena infusion and enjoy its benefits
How to prepare it in infusion
- Dried dandelion leaves and roots (we recommend getting these from a health food store. Found in the wild, but could be toxic if you don’t know the plant well)
- 4 cups of water
You are interested: The truth about detox juices
- Boil the water. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of dandelion leaves and roots for each cup of water.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes before eating.
- You can drink 3 cups of water per day.
Remember: If you have a recurring health problem, be sure to visit your doctor so that he can indicate the best treatment for you.
Discover more beneficial infusions and teas for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen