If you like Chinese food and want to learn more about this gastronomy, you have to learn this delicious sweet and sour pork.
Pork has been part of human consumption for centuries, thanks to its flavor and also because it represents a complete and substantial meal.
In recent years, many people have reduced or eliminated their consumption because they think that it is not good for their health. However, it is totally false since in addition to being a good food for a balanced diet, it all depends on the production and the way it is prepared.
It may interest you: Pork leg in marinade with tangerine
Sweet and sour pork recipe
- 400 g pork pulp
- 300 ml beer
- two carrots
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 150 g flour
- 1 onion
- 5 pineapple slices in syrup
- 120 g ketchup
- 60 g sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple syrup
- two tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- two tablespoons soy sauce
Don’t miss: Pork fillet with red wine and aromatic herbs
- Cut the pork into large cubes and season.
- Mix the flour with the beer and a little salt. Marinate the pork with this mixture.
- Fry the pork in plenty of oil and reserve on absorbent paper.
- Put the coarsely chopped carrot in a frying pan or wok and cook for three minutes; add the rest of the vegetables and leave for five more minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the ketchup, sugar, half a cup of pineapple syrup, white vinegar, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Heat the sauce and integrate all the ingredients, stirring with a spoon.
- When the vegetables are ready add the soybeans, the pieces of pork and the pineapple. Let cook for five more minutes; stir constantly.
- Serve with rice.
Do you want to try more recipes with pork? Watch the video we share:
You’re interested: Sweet and sour pork sautéed with dried cherries
7 Tips to Cook Pork Correctly
- Use lemon or vinegar to marinate or cook it, its acid cleans it better.
- Preheat the pan or oven before cooking it, this will help you to have a golden brown on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Never leave it raw or semi-cooked, the ideal is that it is golden on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Do not leave it out of the refrigerator for a long time and do not refreeze it.
- If you are going to fry, do it over medium heat.
- To defrost it you can submerge it in cold water or transfer it from the freezer to the bottom of the refrigerator, never put it in the sun.
- Cook and consume the pork, maximum 3 days after buying it.
Find more recipes with pork in Easy Kitchen
Subscribe to your favorite magazines at susubscription.com