We know that you love delicious, nutritious and easy to prepare recipes. And nothing how are you recipes with chayote so that you eat super well and you can make something quick, delicious and healthy at home. You dare?
You’re interested: 41 vegan recipe ideas for a healthy diet
10 benefits of chayote for your health
- It helps you lose weight: because it is high in water and fiber, including chayote in your meals is ideal for losing weight and / or maintaining the line.
- Helps intestinal function: prevents constipation problems, irritation in the intestine and even infections of the digestive system.
- Ally against cancer: being rich in antioxidants, it helps fight free radicals, responsible for the appearance of tumors.
- Fight cholesterol: it is rich in soluble fibers, ideal for inhibiting the production of bad cholesterol and cleaning the bloodstream.
- To treat hypertension: it is rich in potassium, which helps balance the amount of sodium contained in the bloodstream, making blood pressure stable.
- Protects the brain: due to its properties, chayote prevents clotting episodes, responsible for strokes.
- Prevents diabetes: it is considered a very effective food to balance glucose levels, so it is good to avoid and / or fight diabetes.
- Prevents anemia: it is rich in iron and vitamin B2, necessary to prevent and / or combat the problems caused by anemia.
- Provides energy: by containing a combination of minerals such as manganese, calcium, phosphorus and potassium, chayote is a source of energy and prevents the accumulation of fats.
- Ally of your youth: it is rich in folic acid and vitamins C and E, which provides protection and beauty to your skin. In addition, these nutrients strengthen the immune system.
Do not miss: 5 foods that influence the well-being of your skin
Curiosities about the chayote
- The name of this food comes from Nahuatl hiztayotli, which means “prickly gourd.”
- The first to cultivate the chayote were the Mayans and the Mexica. Subsequently, its use spread throughout the world during the Spanish colonization.
- In addition to its gastronomic use, it is also used for medicinal remedies, such as the treatment of diseases and ailments, and even for the handmade manufacture of hats and baskets.
You are interested: 30 salad recipes for each day of the month
Chayote recipes: how to consume them
The chayotes can be enjoyed in 2 ways:
- Cooked: it is the way we usually consume them the most. They are ideal in a chicken consommé, stuffed or in porridge.
- Raw: they are ideal as an ingredient for a salad, since their texture is the same as that of an apple.
- You can also marinate them with a little lemon juice, add salt and lemon and enjoy them as a rich and healthy snack.
Remember: there are two types of chayotes: with or without thorns. They both share the same benefits and flavor.
You can’t miss: 14 carrot recipes that you must try at least once
Recipes with chayote
Now that you know the many benefits of eating this vegetable and some of its curiosities, we invite you to know the recipes with chayote that are one of our favorite dishes. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Chayote flip flops
Are you looking for what to cook with those chayotes that you have in the fridge? Look no further and prepare some chayote flip flops. We share this delicious recipe with you. Tip: you can serve …
Chayote porridge for your baby
Babies begin the ablactation period at approximately 6 months. The most recommended is to give porridge that will help its growth and development, like this porridge from …
Chayotes au gratin
One of the most hated vegetables has always been chayote, but that is in the past, since all you need is to know how to exploit its delicious flavor of …
Chicken medallions with chayotes
For champions’ breakfasts there is nothing better than these delicious chicken medallions with chayotes, a healthy dish with a lot of flavor, ideal for taking care of your healthy figure …
Chayote soup with guajillo
You have to try the chayote soup with guajillo, it is one of our spoiled recipes. It is not for nothing but you will be surprised by the great taste of this dish. Did you …
Chayotes stuffed with Manchego cheese and vegetables
A very rich and nutritious recipe to enjoy at lunchtime are these chayotes stuffed with Manchego cheese and vegetables. We tell you how to prepare them in a way …
Rich pickled chayotes
If you are looking for recipes with very original flavors, but that are also easy to prepare, you cannot miss these rich pickled chayotes. It will become one of your …
Super delicious entominated chayotes
Not sure what to prepare with those chayotes that you have in the fridge? We want to share with you these irresistible entominated chayotes. You are going to crave them! You’re interested in: Zucchini with meat in sauce …
Quick and easy chayote cream
Looking for a quick and easy start for your meal? Don’t miss out on this rich chayote cream, the ideal delicious complement. You are interested in: Carrot cream …
Chayotes gratin with tomato
We love recipes that, in addition to being delicious, are very healthy. That is why we want to share with you this recipe for chayotes gratin with tomato. Do you dare to prepare them? You are interested in: Stuffed ball tomatoes …
Chayote salad with avocado recipe
Chayotes can also be part of a delicious salad. Try them in this recipe chayote salad with avocado. The delicious and nutritious complement to your meals. You are interested in: Salad of …
Raw chayote salad with carrot recipe
Salads are the ideal garnishes to accompany meals, as they are light and also very delicious. Do not miss this recipe raw chayote and carrot salad, we tell you …