Surely you have already heard that the peel of certain foods has great properties and that it is well worth taking advantage of them. Well today we want to talk to you about the cucumber peel, its benefits and how you can consume it in a delicious way.
Well, here we go! You will see that it is great to use more food for the benefit of your health at the same time that you generate less waste in your kitchen.
It may interest you: How to make a homemade compost with your kitchen waste
Cucumber peel benefits
- First of all, it is very rich in fiber and prevents digestive problems.
- Also the peel is very low in calories, like its pulp, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the diet. On the contrary: they give you energy for your day to day.
- It has vitamin K, which strengthens the bones.
- In addition, it is a rich source of beta-carotene, substances that maintain visual health in perfect condition.
- Eliminates toxins accumulated in the body.
- Helps lower blood pressure and levels uric acid.
- Finally, it works as a powerful antioxidant that slows down the signs of aging.
Do not miss: 10 benefits of cucumber to never stop eating it
Prepare it in water
- Peels of 1 cucumber cleaned and in strips
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 mango in cubes
- Sweetener to taste
- 1 liter of cold water
- Ice cubes (to taste)
You’re interested: 10 delicious and refreshing cucumber recipes
- In the liter of water, mix the cucumber peel strips with the mango cubes and the lemon juice. Sweeten to your liking and add the ice.
Tip: To give your water an original touch, you can freeze the mango cubes to make ice cubes with a mango inside.
Did you like this cucumber peel water? Then stay in Easy Kitchen and discover other great foods for your health and nutrition