Skip to content

Cranberry or Cranberry and its healing effect

22 mayo, 2021

The lingonberry or cranberry, rich in Vitamin C, is a variety of berry that grows from a small bush that reaches a maximum of half a meter in height. There are several species of blueberries: Blueberry (blueberry), Bilberry (black blueberry) and Cranberry (lingonberry or Vaccinium macrocarpo).

They have an important commercial cultivation in several states of the United States and in several Canadian provinces. 95% of the fruits are processed into products such as juices, sauces, jams, or dried and sweetened for consumption. the remaining 5% is sold fresh for direct consumption.

When obtained fresh, the fruit is often used in the making homemade jams or jellies served as an accompaniment to roast meats. It is also common to use them in making pastries, such as muffins, but it is considered too acidic to eat without accompaniment.

Cranberry or Cranberry and its healing effect

Blueberries and their effect on health

A mouthwash with cranberry extract can significantly reduce the number of bacteria in saliva, if used regularly thanks to its non-stick power. In this way, less tartar is formed on the teeth and also between them, the main cause of parondontosis and cavities.

The components of the cranberry can prevent bacteria from nesting in the stomach. Helicobacterpylori infections are responsible for diseases of the stomach lining and stomach and intestinal ulcers, which increase the risk of cancer. So the non-stick effect of cranberries it also protects the stomach and intestines.

By drinking cranberry nectar or eating the fruits, the risk of bladder and urinary tract infection can be reduced by up to 40%.

This fruit has the higher antioxidant content, so they are a true anti-aging panacea. Its bioactive substances protect cells from free radicals, which not only age, but also affect health. Premature skin aging and other conditions such as cancer and heart disease are caused by damage caused by free radicals.

  • Protection of the heart and blood vessels

Similarly, cranberries positively affect the health of the heart and blood vessels. These berries contain flavonoids, which protect against arteriosclerosis, the main cause of heart disease. They positively influence cholesterol and prevent certain enzymes from narrowing the arteries, thus promoting blood flow.

Besides the cranberry and its peculiar flavor it allows a multitude of uses. It can be used in the most original salads, to accompany meats with sauce, add them to yogurt or even take it in cocktails.

Photo | bensonkua | calliope
Directly to the Palate | Blueberries May Prevent Bowel Cancer
Directly to the Palate | Pork ribs with cranberry sauce. Prescription