How can you make a turkey and vegetable dinner really appealing to kids? Make it a cake. This version has the classic flavor, but it won’t take long.
Convincing the little ones in the house to eat vegetables with pleasure is sometimes not an easy task because they undoubtedly prefer other types of food; and talk about the importance of including them in their diet as a way to be healthy and grow strong needs an additional detail, such as presenting a dish that is attractive to their eyes and palate.
An option that you will love and that meets all the requirements for deliciousness, presence and nutrition is the turkey and vegetable cake with a touch of McCormick Balance Mayonnaise Dressing with soybean oil, which adds a creamy detail and with the flavor. only one that provides this ingredient.
Children love to have extra information about what they eat, they always want to know more and in this case you can tell them about the presence of filo dough, a staple of food in countries such as Turkey, Armenia, but which is also enjoyed in Greece. And one of the advantages of having it as a base, in particular of this recipe that we share with you, is that it does not become the protagonist, but rather gives this role to the preparation of turkey and vegetables, thanks to the fact that it is a Light consistency pasta that allows you to enjoy a simple dish, but consistent in terms of nutrition. Your children will ask you to serve them more!
It may interest you: Everything you need to know about sun protection
TURKEY AND VEGETABLE CAKE WITH SOY BALANCE
- ½ cup McCormick Balance Mayonnaise Dressing with soybean oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken broth powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of mixed greens, thawed
- 1.5 cups diced cooked turkey breast
- 1 kg of filo pastry
- Butter needed
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C.
- Mix McCormick Balance Mayonnaise Dressing with soy oil, flour, chicken broth powder, and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and turkey.
- Cook and stir until completely hot.
- Spread the filo pastry and place it on a well-greased baking dish.
- Transfer the filling to the mold.
- Cover the filling with a layer in triangles or strips of filo pastry and in butter.
- Bake until the mold is completely hot and the pasta topping filo is well browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Don’t miss more tips to prepare your favorite food in Easy Kitchen, where you always learn something new!