Children’s Day is coming. How about pampering the little ones in the house with a traditional homemade dessert? Prepare them this fun churro palette with toppings delicious. Let’s follow the step by step!
It may interest you: 7 churros recipes to savor at home as you deserve
Churro palette recipe with toppings
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 liter of water
- 135 g butter
- 400 g of flour
- 100 g of flour for pancakes
- 50g sugar
- ½ tbsp. of salt
- ½ tbsp. by royal
- 4 eggs
Do not miss: Dishes from Disney movies to cook with children
- Heat the water with the butter, sugar and salt. Integrate the flours with the royal, when the water begins to boil add the flour mixture and stir with a miserable until it forms a dough that comes off the edges.
- Place the dough in a paddle mixer, beat to cool slightly, and then add the eggs one by one.
- Place in a star tip sleeve and form churros into medium spirals.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown, remove excess fat and pierce with a toothpick.
- Decorate to your liking with different toppings and sauces such as cajeta, chocolate, condensed milk and cereals, walnut, coconut or chocolates.
You are interested: Improve these 3 desserts with simple steps
History of churros for you to savor
Those churritos that they sell outside the churches, in the squares and markets, have a history of hundreds of years ago.
It is believed that they originated in China, and that they arrived in Mexico through Portuguese merchants who had commercial relations with Spain, who called this dessert “fried demon” or “stick in oil”.
The Spanish became large consumers of the churro, which they called “churra sheep” due to the resemblance to the antlers of this animal.
With the arrival of Hernán Cortés in Mexico, he brought churros with him, and it was in these lands that he was given many variations both in shape and flavor.
Discover more recipes of your favorite desserts in Easy Kitchen