We want to teach you how to prepare this delicious chocolate flan with walnut and cream. With just one taste you will make your palate very happy. Take note of the recipe!
It may interest you: 11 flan recipes to easily prepare at home
Recipe for chocolate flan with walnut and cream
- Preparation time: 2 hours
- Servings: 8
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup of condensed milk
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 5 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- ½ cup of walnut
- 2 tbsp. icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup of liquid chocolate
- ½ cup of grated chocolate
Do not miss: How to make rice pudding: a typical Mexican dessert
- Blend the egg with the milk and cocoa, pour into small molds, cover with aluminum and bake at 130º C in a double boiler for one hour.
- Let cool completely. Beat the cream with the sugar until it mounts, add the vanilla extract.
- Serve the custards and finish with the whipped cream, chocolate, walnut and zest.
You’re interested: Traditional Mexican desserts for Lent and Easter
Curiosities about flan: your favorite dessert
- This delicacy has its origin in Ancient Rome, when chicken eggs began to be incorporated into the diet. Before, these birds were not poultry, but were found in the wild.
- The predecessor of flan was a dessert called tyropatin, made with eggs, milk and honey, simmered and sprinkled with pepper once set.
- And why was pepper used? Because at that time sugar was not yet known, and it was not until the Middle Ages that this ingredient was incorporated into the dessert.
- And speaking of the Middle Ages, flan became a typical Lenten dessert, which at that time was called flado.
- Starting in the 7th century, the recipe spread throughout Europe, reaching France and Spain, where flan began to evolve into the dessert we know today.
Discover more delicious dessert recipes in Easy Kitchen