Who can say no to good Roasted Chicken Tinga? This delicacy is a classic Mexican treat that never goes out of style, and today you have the opportunity to prepare it!
It may interest you: 5 dishes with which you will become an expert in Mexican food
Chicken tinga tostadas recipe
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 package of tostadas
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1 cup of refried beans
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- 1 onion filleted
- 4 chipotle peppers
- ½ cup cream
- 1 cup of lettuce filleted
- ½ cup of fresh cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado sliced
Don’t Miss: These Grilled Fish Tacos Are The Best You’re Going To Try
- First, fry the onion with the butter; when it begins to brown add chicken and cumin; meanwhile, blend the tomatoes with a cup of the chicken broth from the breast and the chipotle.
- Pour over the stew and cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Finally, spread beans on the tostadas, add tablespoons of tinga and finish with the lettuce, cheese, cream and avocado.
You are interested: Ideas to enjoy guacamole and break the diet
Learn about the history of this dish
Tinga is a typical Mexican dish that is normally composed of shredded chicken meat (this is the most popular) although there is also beef or pork, prepared with a tomato sauce, onion, garlic and chipotle chili.
It is usually consumed on toast, but it can also be made tacos, quesadillas or molotes, it is really versatile!
Not only that: tinga can also be prepared with other foods, ranging from tuna to vegetarian versions such as carrots, sweet potatoes or mushrooms.
It is identified as a simple and humble dish, popular in central and southern Mexico. It is possible that its origin is Poblano.
According to him Dictionary of Mexicanisms by Francisco J. Santamaría, “tinga” is a colloquial term to refer to something “vulgar” or “messy”. However, there is no definition of the etymological origin of this word.
Discover more delicious Mexican food recipes in Easy Kitchen