Do you already have the perfect dessert to pamper your mom? We bring you a delicious cheesecake with red berries that never fails. Follow the step by step so you can prepare it in your kitchen like a professional-
It may interest you: The 5 most popular cakes and their recipes to make them at home
Red berry cheesecake recipe
- 1 cup of sifted flour
- 225 g butter, softened
- 100 g of vegetable shortening
- 240 g of softened cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
Don’t Miss: Fun Facts About Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 185oC. Grease and flour a round-shaped mold.
- Beat the butter with the shortening until creamy. Without stopping beating, add the sugar and cream cheese little by little until they are integrated.
- Beat until fluffy. Add the flour and once integrated, add the eggs one by one. Add the vanilla and half of the fruits.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until set and lightly golden.
- Rest it to cool and unmold. Cover with the remaining berries.
You are interested: Learn how to prepare a cake in a jar
Curiosities about cakes full of sweetness
- The first cakes were invented (and eaten) by the Egyptians. These were prepared to celebrate the birthdays of the sons.
- The Greeks dedicated this delicious dessert to Artemis, the lunar goddess of the hunt, and were the first to bake it. This bread was shaped like a moon to honor the goddess.
- The candles on the cake were also the invention of the Greeks. These represent the glows of the moon. In the temple of Artemis, the candles were blown in the hope that the smoke would transport the prayers to the house of the gods.
- Wedding cakes, meanwhile, deserve their own section: they were symbols of fertility since ancient times. At parties it was necessary to split it so that couples had many children.
- The bride and groom cut the cake together. This previously symbolized the end of the banquet and the passage to the party. According to tradition, the bride must cut the cake first for her marriage to go well.
Discover more delicious recipes to pamper mom in her day in Easy Kitchen