And the Oscar for best dessert goes to … this caramel popcorn cupcake with dulce de leche! Prepare it for tonight full of emotions and enjoy its taste along with your favorite movies.
It may interest you: 10 homemade popcorn recipes for your movie marathon
Caramel and dulce de leche popcorn cupcake recipe
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
- 200g sugar
- 300 g flour
- 120 ml vegetable oil
- ½ cup of butter
- 120 ml milk
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of cajeta
- 15 g yeast
- 2 cups caramel popcorn
- 1 cup of dulce de leche
- 2 bars of cream cheese
Do not miss: Meet the 3 Mexicans nominated for the Oscar 2021 for their work in Sound of Metal
- Beat the oil with the sugar, then integrate the eggs and alternate the milk and flour with the yeast.
- Divide into cupcake molds with a liner and fill each one with a teaspoon of dulce de leche, bake at 180 ºC for 20 minutes.
- Beat the cream cheese with the butter and icing sugar for 4 minutes, place in a sleeve and decorate the cupcakes.
- Finish with the popcorn and some dulce de leche.
You are interested: 5 curiosities of the Oscars
Surprising curiosities about popcorn
- Popcorn was discovered in Pre-Columbian America.
- The reason why they are the favorite snack to watch movies is because they became popular during the crisis of 29, since it was a very cheap food, ideal to accompany movies and disperse from the problems of the moment.
- We love them because they are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that promote digestion and take care of the line.
- Popcorn was believed to explode because it had a spirit inside. Thanks to science we know that this happens because the grain contains water inside that, when heated, causes the explosion.
Discover more delicious recipes in Easy Kitchen to live the most exciting moments