We love that you take care of your diet, therefore, we invite you to know what are the wheat germ benefits in your health and beauty. Also learn how you can add it to your diet.
Did you already know that the main parts of wheat are the bran and the germ?
The first is the outer, fibrous layer, while the germ is the center: the main source of essential fatty acids and vitamins in wheat. Also, the inner part of the seed that is removed during refining results in white flour.
You are interested in reading: Cinnamon to eliminate the tummy
Wheat germ benefits
- It contains protein of vegetable origin, vitamins of the complex B and E, folic acid, thiamine, minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, selenium, potassium, iron and low sodium content.
- As it does not have purines, it is a food aimed at those with a high uric acid level. For this reason, it helps prevent attacks in patients with gout.
- It does not contain cholesterol, therefore, it benefits your heart and circulatory system
- Given its high amount of protein, wheat germ is a food recommended especially for muscle development.
- Due to its contribution in iron, it benefits those who practice intense training.
- Being rich in potassium it helps a good circulation, regulating blood pressure. It could even prevent rheumatic diseases or arthritis.
- Its high zinc content makes it easier for your body to assimilate and store insulin, heal wounds and metabolize proteins.
- In addition, it fights fatigue and intervenes in the transport of vitamin A in the retina.
- Helps to promote intestinal transit as it is one of the foods richest in fiber
- Wheat germ contains vitamin B2, which helps fight migraines, maintains good eye health and improves nervous problems such as insomnia, anxiety or stress.
- This food helps to take care of your skin. Diseases such as psoriasis or eczema can be improved by using wheat germ.
- It also allows you to heal burns, including those caused by the sun and rashes, and dry skin.
- In addition, its antioxidant properties allow to delay the aging of the skin, preventing wrinkles and sagging.
- Lastly, it also improves the appearance of dry hair, eliminates frizz and closes the cuticle in hair very damaged by chemicals and heat. Massage your hair with wheat germ to promote hair growth and maintain healthy hair follicles. Do you dare to try it?
You are interested in reading: 6 essential foods to nourish your body
What is the best way to consume wheat germ
It is preferable to use fresh flour because it preserves the most nutrients with minimal oxidation.
On the other hand, wheat flours stored at room temperature for a week, lose a large part of their vitamins and nutrients.
As for wheat germ, use it right away because it goes rancid almost as quickly as unrefrigerated milk.
Recipe: Apple and Cereal Sorbet
- 1 chopped apple
- 120 ml of light yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon granola
- Ice cubes to taste
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Mix very well for a few seconds, and accompany as part of breakfast.
Without a doubt, the benefits of wheat germ are many. Its nutrients and vitamins will allow you to have a healthier body. Give it a try and add it to your diet.
Coknow more benefits of other foods in Easy Kitchen