We are going to give you very good reasons to consume lemon zest more often and include it not only in recipes, but also as a delicious drink.
Learn about its health benefits and learn how to juice it.
It may interest you: 12 benefits of drinking lemon water every morning
Benefits of lemon zest
- Strengthens the immune system: it has a high content of fiber, one of the barriers that helps prevent respiratory problems, infections and reduces the symptoms of flu and colds.
- Wholesale vitamins and minerals: According to studies, lemon zest contains between 5 and 10 times more vitamins than lemon juice. In addition, it is rich in magnesium, folic acid, potassium, and beta-carotene.
- Rejuvenates the skin: because it eliminates toxins throughout the body, this effect is reflected in your skin, making it look younger and healthier, as well as delaying the appearance of wrinkles.
- Prevents the appearance of spots: and if that were not enough, it also reduces the risk of spots appearing on the skin, and also on the teeth!
- Improves digestion: favors very heavy digestions, in addition to regulating intestinal transit, avoiding constipation.
- Reduces bloating: it also helps to expel annoying intestinal gas after a large intake.
- Rich in calcium: by containing this mineral, it favors the growth and development of bones, in addition to avoiding diseases such as arthritis and osteoporosis.
- It prevents cardiovascular diseases: its regular consumption reduces tension and reduces high blood pressure levels.
- For the diet: thanks to its diuretic properties, lemon zest reduces excess fluids and fats in the body, as it also has astringent properties.
- Take care of the health of the nervous system: it is very good to reduce tension, anxiety and stress.
Do not miss: What happens when you freeze the lemon?
How to juice it
- 500 ml of water
- 1 lemon washed
- Sweetener to taste
You are interested: The 4 scents you need to recover your smell after COVID-19: among them, lemon
- Grate the lemon and boil the zest in water. When it is about to boil, add the lemon juice along with the sweetener. Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- You can drink it hot, as if it were tea, or you can let it cool and drink it as water of time. Also enjoy as a refreshing drink by adding ice.
Discover more health and nutrition benefits of your favorite foods in Easy Kitchen