If you suffer from insomnia or have trouble sleeping at night, you have to have lettuce for dinner. Read on and discover all the greats benefits of lettuce for you to sleep peacefully.
It may interest you: Types of lettuces that you can make in your salads and rich recipes
Benefits of lettuce
It is a vegetable, a herbaceous plant that occurs commonly in semi-temperate regions, it is generally consumed raw in salads and other dishes, but it can also be cooked, especially the thicker varieties.
It is distinguished by its green tones that generally deteriorate in its leaves, but the texture and intensity of the tone will depend on the species.
- Vitamin A, B and C
Don’t miss: 5 days to completely transform your body
Lettuce to sleep well
Thanks to the fact that lettuce contains a substance called lactucarium (the white liquid that comes out when you cut it), which is responsible for producing calming effects that help you fall asleep easily.
In addition to this, among the benefits of lettuce is that of having a natural pain reliever that helps reduce light pain. To use it as a remedy to sleep better, you just have to add a portion to your dinner, either raw or as an infusion.
You are interested in: The best green salads to take care of yourself
More benefits of lettuce
- It is an excellent source of fiber that improves intestinal function and digestion.
- Reduces anxiety and stress.
- Promotes muscle relaxation and helps reduce cramps, restores tissues and helps muscle recovery.
- Helps eliminate toxins and purify the body.
- It is good for controlling blood sugar levels.
- It contains flavonoids, antioxidants that protect cells and reduce the effects of free radicals.
- Its minerals help treat diseases such as anemia.
- Provides energy and fights fatigue.
- Improves circulation and reduces cholesterol levels.
- Decreases headaches and menstrual pain.
Find more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen