The laurel It is an aromatic plant that has many functions: you can use it as a cooking spice, as a relaxing air freshener for your home, and even as a rich tea to enjoy the afternoon.
And best of all: you can easily plant it at home so you always have it on hand. We tell you all the benefits of laurel and also how you can sow it in your home. Take note!
It may interest you: Benefits of eucalyptus oil to treat respiratory conditions
What is the laurel for?
- It facilitates digestion, prevents heartburn and reduces gas in the digestive tract.
- Helps improve and stimulate appetite.
- It has bactericidal, antiseptic and expectorant properties, which makes it ideal for treating conditions of the respiratory system. In addition, it helps reduce inflammation.
- It is a diuretic and sudorific plant, which favors the elimination of liquids and also of toxins and uric acid.
- Supports treatment for certain skin conditions caused by fungi and for bruises, burns, and even ulcers.
- As for its aroma, it helps reduce anxiety and stress.
Do not miss: 10 benefits of eating cocoa
Learn to sow it
- 1 branch of laurel
- 1 wide and deep pot with holes in the bottom
- 1 glass
- Place the bay branch in a glass with 1 centimeter of water for a couple of days.
- When it begins to grow roots, you can transfer it to the pot.
- Put enough soil in the pot and a little water to moisten it.
- Put a thin layer of fertilizer and place the laurel to a depth of 5 cm. Cover the roots with soil.
- Water the laurel frequently, as it likes moisture, but be careful not to drown it (the soil should be moist but not muddy).
- The first shoots of the laurel on the ground will take a couple of weeks.
How to make laurel tea
It’s really easy! You just have to boil 1 liter of water with a few bay leaves (20 or 30 grams approximately).
Let cool for 10 minutes, strain and serve. You can sweeten it with a little honey to your liking.
You are interested: 10 benefits of eating cucumber
- To give it another flavor, you can boil the bay leaves with a cinnamon stick.
- This tea is very good to calm the nerves and have a restful sleep, so we recommend taking it at night before going to sleep.
- You can also let it cool and enjoy it with ice. It is a very refreshing drink!
Discover more useful tips for your home and lifestyle in Easy Kitchen