Plants are popular thanks to their medicinal properties and without a doubt a remedy that you cannot miss is the Mint tea.
Do not miss: 3 drinks that can help you sleep better
Mint tea: know its properties
Mint is a plant that belongs to the family of the “labiates” originating in the Mediterranean, since ancient times it was considered an aromatic and medicinal species.
The part of the plant that is most used are the leaves as they are perfect for gastronomy and for preparing all remedies such as oils, creams, but especially the famous mint tea.
Discover: 3 natural remedies to reduce dark circles
Components of the mint leaf
- Minerals (calcium, potassium, copper and magnesium)
- Vitamins A, B, C and D
It may interest you: Mint tea with orange
It may interest you: What you need to know about artichoke tea and its benefits
Peppermint tea benefits
- It reduces fever, the tea causes extreme sweating and at the same time, the menthol cools the interior.
- Improves and accelerates the digestion process, in addition to fighting irritated bowel syndrome.
- It has a calming effect on the muscles of the digestive system, which is why it helps reduce abdominal pain and cramps, working as a pain reliever.
- It prevents the feeling of nausea and vomiting, caused by dizziness.
- It acts as an antispasmodic that fights cold symptoms by relaxing the muscles of the throat and chest. In addition, to decongest the respiratory tract.
- Its tinol helps fight coughs.
- It has antibacterial properties that help strengthen the immune system.
- Menthol is a natural sedative that helps fight stress and lower blood pressure.
- Thanks to its carminative action, it prevents and relieves gas and flatulence.
- Applied topically it helps fight eczema, hives and stings.
- Combat muscle and joint inflammation caused by injuries or diseases such as arthritis.
- Helps eliminate headache.
- Combat mouth odor.
Attention !: The benefits may vary, to know the amount and form in which it can be taken, you should always consult a specialist who knows your medical history.
Find more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen