For centuries, teas have been one of the healthiest and most medicinal beverages. Discover What is cinnamon tea good for? and how to do it.
It may interest you: The recipe for this cinnamon preparation that can help you lower your belly
CINNAMON TEA: WHERE DOES THIS SPICE COME FROM?
This species comes from the tree known as canelo, whose scientific name is tapemomum vermouth and it comes from the Greek, so it means sweet wood. This tree is native to Southeast Asia, eventually it came to Italy where it began to be called cinnamon, which means small tube.
Since ancient times it was very popular thanks to its medicinal properties and health benefits, in addition to its peculiar aroma and sweet taste. Currently you can find it in powder or whole.
The cinnamon that is used to prepare cinnamon tea is really bark and to obtain it goes through a long process, its cultivation is carried out in the rainy season, because it is in this season when the bark is softer.
You are interested: Flower teas that you have to try
WHAT IS CINNAMON TEA USED FOR: BENEFITS YOU SHOULD KNOW AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF
- It is carminative, so it prevents the formation of gases.
- Helps reduce nausea and dizziness.
- It stimulates salivation and the secretion of gastric juices, while protecting the stomach.
- Improves the health of the digestive system.
- Helps treat respiratory illnesses, helps expel phlegm, relieves congestion, and reduces fever.
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Improves brain functions, promotes memories and prevents Alzheimer’s.
- Reduces the pain and discomfort of menstruation.
- Helps reduce cholesterol levels.
- Balances blood glucose levels.
- Its antioxidants help fight cell aging and improve skin health.
- Helps treat and prevent the appearance of varicose veins.
- It is good for weight control diets, as it helps the body process carbohydrates and fats better.
You are interested: How to prepare walnut tea and what benefits it brings you
HOW TO PREPARE IT?
You just have to boil a cup of water, when it is about to boil add 1 stick of cinnamon, let it boil for 5 more minutes and turn off.
Do not miss: 5 countries that stand out for their gastronomy worldwide
Cinnamon tea can have side effects, it is not recommended to take it in excess and it is always suggested to consult a specialist before taking it.
Discover more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen
Do you know what traditional drink has cinnamon? Yes, the punch! Know all its benefits:
Keep reading: Everything you need to know to have a spa at home and lower your anxiety