Surely you have heard of chipilín, a plant of Mexican origin widely used in gastronomy, especially in the southeast of the country (in Chiapas, for example, chipilín tamales are a tradition).
This leaves is considered a quelite, that is, an edible tender vegetable with a dominant flavor and aroma.
You should know that, in addition to giving a special flavor to different dishes, chipilín has many properties that are beneficial for your health. Discover them and take advantage of them.
It may interest you: 5 benefits of tejocote proven by science that you did not know
Chipilín health benefits
This is a leaf rich in calcium, iron, B vitamins (thiamine, niacin and riboflavin) and also ascorbic acid, which give you the following benefits:
- It has anti-rheumatic properties, which help treat pain and inflammation.
- It helps in the treatment of sleep disorders such as insomnia and it is also relaxing that fights stress.
- In addition, it has healing properties, beneficial for the treatment of minor skin wounds and tissue repair.
- It is a natural purgative that helps expel intestinal parasites.
- It is also an adjunct in the treatment of gonorrhea and for patients with anemia.
- Finally, chipilín is a great ally for the production of hormones.
Keep an eye out: remember to consult your doctor before taking any home remedy. He will be able to recommend the best treatment for you.
Don’t miss: 10 delicious and healthy chard recipes
If you want to take advantage of the flavor and benefits of chipilín, we share these delicious recipes for the season, very easy to prepare and ideal for your family.
Discover in Easy Kitchen more foods good for your health and nutrition
Tamales are welcome regardless of the time of year. Prepare this chipilín tamale recipe and enjoy a unique flavor.
Chipilín tamales with chicken: easy step by step
Did the doll come out? It is the perfect opportunity for you to shine preparing these chipilín tamales with chicken, delicious!
This chipilín cream will become one of your favorites. We give you the step by step so that you can easily prepare it at home.