The season is here to enjoy foods prepared based on fish and seafood, when you most want to eat delicious and cook in a short time.
On days when the sun seems to shine more brightly than ever, everything is an invitation to organize outdoor meetings and enjoy the warmth of an afternoon accompanied by a grill and foods so easy to cook, that they do not allow you to waste not a minute next to your friends.
Getting out of the routine not only consists of doing different activities, but also considering foods that you do not always do and for the season, it is a good opportunity to bring shrimp to the table, which according to gastronomy experts recommend, the winter months are ideal to consume them.
Measures that yes or yes you should take
The truth is that this type of food deserves special care to ensure that it is fresh, so if you are considering including shrimp in your next menu, make sure it has a good smell, that is, it should not be intense and unpleasant, its consistency it should be firm and pink in color.
In addition, once you buy them, keep them refrigerated, make sure they are 5ºC and consume them in the next 24 hours, to guarantee their freshness and prevent them from entering a state of decomposition.
If you have already taken all the necessary measures, it is time for you to know a simple recipe to prepare shrimp skewers with the special touch of the McCormick BBQ-flavored Mayonnaise Dressing, which is becoming the essential in all kitchens, due to the great variety of ways to use it and add delicious flavor to your dishes. Are you ready?
CREAMY BBQ SHRIMP
- 8 skewer sticks
- 24 medium shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup McCormick BBQ Mayonnaise Dressing
- 4 bell peppers of different colors
- 3 tbsp. dill powder
- Soak the skewer sticks in water.
- Chop the peppers into medium squares and reserve.
- Insert 3 shrimp per skewer, alternating with the peppers. Salt and pepper to taste
- Top with McCormick BBQ Mayonnaise Dressing and let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a hot pan with oil, arrange two skewers. Leave 3 minutes and turn to complete cooking until the shrimp are pink. Add more McCormick BBQ Mayonnaise Dressing. Repeat with the other two skewers.
- Sprinkle the dill over the shrimp.