If you are a fan of barbecues and sauces, a basic of your cookbook should be this BBQ chicken. It is really easy to prepare it for your whole family.
It may interest you: Recipes with BBQ ideal to share
BBQ chicken recipe
- 6 legs with thigh (apart)
- two bay leaves
- 1/4 of onion
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 olive oil spoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the BBQ sauce
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 pinch of ground thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. muscovado sugar
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 cups of tomato puree
- 1/2 cup of honey
You are interested: 7 basic tips to achieve the perfect barbecue
- To make the BBQ sauce: in a saucepan heat the oil and sauté the onion and garlic, when they are seasoned add the tomato puree, thyme and bay leaf; Add 1 cup of water and cook over low heat until it boils.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and cook 15 minutes or until it takes a thick consistency.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken in enough water along with the bay leaves, onion, salt and pepper, for 30 minutes or until cooked; drain the pieces very well and put them in a saucepan.
- Pour in the BBQ sauce and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until thickened; stir occasionally so chicken doesn’t stick.
Cooking tip: Strain the chicken broth and use it to make the soup of the day. Or, wait for it to cool completely and freeze it for a reserve.
Don’t Miss: Master the Art of the Perfect Sandwich
Origin of BBQ sauce
The BBQ or barbecue sauce is an ingredient that is basically used to enhance the flavor of different dishes, especially BBQ chicken, it is part of the typical American gastronomy, its invention is attributed to several states of this country, such as Tennessee , Texas, Kansas, North Carolina and South Carolina.
At first it was made with vinegar and pepper, and was used only for pork ribs and roast chicken. However, there are currently different recipes with all kinds of ingredients, such as fruit, sausages, hamburgers, onions and even pizza.
Discover more recipes with BBQ sauce in Easy Kitchen