The bay leaves They have various uses: in addition to its gastronomic use to spice up different dishes, it is also a medicinal plant, famous for treating digestive problems and much more.
Today we tell you what are the benefits of bay leaves and also how you can prepare it in a delicious tea. Know the information.
It may interest you: Benefits of eucalyptus and how to reproduce it in your home
Bay leaves health benefits
The bay leaf has minerals such as potassium, magnesium and vitamins B6, B9, and vitamin C, which gives it different beneficial qualities: it is diuretic, digestive, stimulating, antioxidant and expectorant.
Among its benefits are the following:
- Avoid discomfort caused by gas, belching, abdominal and stomach pain.
- Decreases inflammation in the liver.
- Relieves menstrual cramps.
- It is a good remedy for headaches, as well as to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It also helps reduce pain caused by rheumatism.
- Helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- In addition, it is an adjunct for the treatment of skin infections.
Do not miss: Benefits of guava leaf for your health
How to make a laurel tea
Bay leaf tea is a way to take advantage of all its benefits, in addition, it is very easy to prepare.
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup of water
- Boil the water and add the bay leaves.
- Leave it on the fire for 10 minutes and then remove it and let it rest until it cools enough to take it.
Tip: if you want to sweeten it, you can do it with a tablespoon of natural honey.
Discover more home remedies to take care of your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen