Celebrate the Mexican mom with a traditional dish! We share a delicious recipe for baked red enchiladas that will leave her wanting to try them one more time.
It may interest you: 12 recipes for enchiladas with irresistible flavor
Baked Red Enchiladas Recipe
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 16 corn tortillas
- ½ cooked and shredded breast
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
- 2 cups of Manchego cheese grated
Do not miss: Mexican food to celebrate the pride of our country
- Heat the tortillas on a comal, fill with the breast and place in a baking dish
- for oven.
- Mix the tomato puree with the chicken broth and heat. Salt and pepper.
- Bathe the enchiladas with the sauce and cover with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes and finish with chopped parsley.
You are interested: Healthy food recipes to celebrate Mexican mom
Learn about the history of enchiladas
Before the Spanish arrived, enchiladas were cooked according to the diversity of chili peppers that were had at that time, and these were accompanied by insects.
It was until the time of Independence that the recipe was modified and different versions emerged depending on the region in which they are prepared.
However, something that enchiladas have in common is that they are lightly fried, stuffed with a main ingredient and dipped in hot sauce.
According to experts, in Mexico there are more than 100 types of enchiladas, imagine how many you need to try!
Discover more delicious recipes to celebrate mom in Easy Kitchen