We have the perfect snack for lovers of bittersweet flavors, learn how to prepare some classics apples with chamoy step by step. It’s easier than you think.
Apples are one of the easiest fruits to use when cooking, besides being very fresh and nutritious, they are perfect as a snack.
BENEFITS OF APPLES
- It contains carbohydrates in the form of sugars such as fructose, glucose and sucrose, fiber, potassium, vitamin C and flavonoids such as: flavonols, catechins, quercetin, and floridzin, a type of flavonoid found exclusively in apple and its derivatives.
- It contributes to the strengthening of the immune system and the reduction of heart diseases, as well as an antidiabetic effect, due to its ability to limit the absorption of glucose at the intestinal level.
- The phytochemicals found in the peel inhibit the development of colon cancer by 43%. It has also been observed that they can reduce lung cancer by 50%.
- The phytonutrient quercetin protects the brain from degenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Eating 2 apples a day can lower LDL ‘bad’ cholesterol by more than 15%.
You are interested: Types of apple that exist and recipes to enjoy them
WHAT TYPE CAN YOU USE TO PREPARE APPLES WITH CHAMOY?
- Gala: It is sweet and with a smooth texture, it is ideal to eat fresh.
- Braeburn: It has reddish or green skin, it is very sweet and juicy.
- Fuji: They are characterized by having a crunchy and juicy texture.
- Jonagold: Its flavor is bittersweet and its skin is reddish with yellow or green spots.
Find more cooking tips in Easy Kitchen