We love Cactus! And the reasons are many. These little friends of nature are very easy to take care of and they are also very cute, perfect for decorating almost any space.
But there are many more reasons for you to have cacti at home. Here we share its benefits and also useful tips so that they grow super beautiful. Keep reading!
You are interested: Reasons to decorate your kitchen with succulents
Benefits of having cacti at home
Whether you place them indoors or outdoors, cacti will provide your home with the following benefits:
- If it is the first time that you are going to acquire a plant or you do not have much time to take care of them, cacti are ideal, because they do not require much care and do not need constant watering.
- They are ideal to have in any space in your home: the patio, the kitchen, in a study or even in the bedroom.
- They are very clean plants: since they need very little water, you should not worry about possible dirt stains. Plus, you won’t have to worry about pruning and removing dry leaves.
- They grow as much as you want: if you keep them in a small pot, they will not grow that size. On the contrary, if you transplant them, they can grow more.
- They are excellent air purifiers, which is great for your health.
- Cacti are collectors of the waves emitted by electronic devices, which can be harmful in the long run. If you work with a computer for several hours a day, we recommend having a cactus near your workspace.
- There are many types, so you have many options to choose from.
You are interested: Create your own terrarium step by step and decorate your kitchen
Tips to take care of them
- Although they do not need a lot of water, this does not mean that they do not need to be drained. Get a pot with a hole underneath. Preferably, it is made of clay or ceramic.
- They adapt to many spaces, but the best place is near a window where there is direct light. You can also give them sun baths and later place them where you prefer.
- Be very careful: preferably, give them sun baths before 12 o’clock in the day and after 4 o’clock in the afternoon. This is the best time for them.
- Water them on a limited basis once a week, depending on the size of your cactus. The best indicator is the earth: it should be moist, but not muddy.
- The best soil for them is organic soil mixed with coconut fiber, dry leaves, bark, and peat.
- It is best if the soil is loose and aerated so that the water drains well.
- Do not embellish them – some people tend to decorate them, but this can ruin them. Natural is better!
Do you already have everything to take care of your cacti? We invite you to learn more lifestyle tips at Easy Kitchen