Who can resist a good slice of chocolate cake? This is one of our favorite flavors, and it’s irresistible not to try it.
Do not stay with the craving and prepare at home 6 exquisite ways to make chocolate cake. You will fall more in love with its flavor!
You’re interested: 16 brownie recipes
The sweet story of the chocolate cake
This delicious food has its origin in Mexico and various areas of America, derived from the cocoa fruit. In fact, its name comes from the Amerindian voices pocoakawa (cocoa drink) and atl (Water).
Native Americans had a predilection for preparing cocoa drinks mixed with flowers, cornmeal, or various spices.
With the arrival of the Spanish, they began to call it chokauatle, and it was not until 1580 that chocolate took its current name.
In 1606, chocolate became one of the favorite drinks of Italians, thus becoming more widely consumed in various parts of Europe.
Its scale production began in the s. XVIII in England, although in countries like Spain they preferred to do it by hand.
In the S. In the 19th century, chocolate began to be made in a solid form after the preparation of cocoa butter and, with it, the great diversity of sweets such as bars, chocolates, pralines and others. And, of course, the chocolate cake that we love so much.
Do not miss: Is there a chocolate addiction or not?
Curiosities about chocolate
- Legend has it that the Mexican god Quetzalcóatl was the one who gave chocolate to humans.
- In colonial Central America it was believed that chocolate was a temptation sent by the devil to seduce souls and make them weaker to sin.
- Chocolate is so powerful that just by smelling it you can stimulate your brain, which increases theta waves, responsible for relaxing.
- To produce a 453g bar of chocolate, 400 cocoa beans are needed.
- Ruth Wakefield is the inventor of chocolate chips, who sold her patent for a lifetime supply of chocolate.
- Cacao is a mystical tree related to Mixtec magic and mysticism, which is known as “the food of the gods”.
You are interested: 7 benefits of dark chocolate
8 benefits of chocolate for your health
- It contains polyphenols, which have a cardioprotective effect that stimulates blood circulation, the elasticity of the arterial walls, reduces blood pressure and raises good cholesterol.
- Helps the development of bones and teeth.
- It provides energy, helps the creation of new cells and carries oxygen to the body.
- It benefits the correct functioning of the brain, preventing diseases such as Alzheimer’s, in addition to strengthening memory.
- It works against cortisol, a stress hormone, in addition to reducing blood pressure.
- It has photoprotective action on the skin, so it reduces the damage caused by the sun and free radicals.
- It has antioxidants that prevent the first signs of aging.
- Helps reduce water loss and promotes collagen formation.
Keep reading: Chocolate bombs to pamper yourself with a hot drink
Chocolate cake recipes
Recipe: Four Chocolate Cake
Who are you going to prepare this delicious four-chocolate cake for? Be the feeling in your family by being the best pastry chef and go ahead and prepare it.
Chocolate cake with coffee
A little dessert? Today we invite you to prepare this delicious chocolate cake with coffee so that you can indulge your craving as it deserves.
Chocolate fruit cake
Start the new year by indulging yourself with this chocolate fruit cake. Learn how to easily prepare it with our recipe.
Genoese style chocolate sponge cake
To accompany your coffee, this Genoese-style chocolate cake is ideal. We share the step by step so you can prepare it.
Chocolate cake decorated with ghost meringues
Let the flavor of Halloween invade you with this delicious chocolate cake decorated with ghost meringues. We share the chilling recipe with you!
A traditional chocolate cake recipe
Do not miss a traditional chocolate cake recipe that will become your favorite because of how easy and delicious it is.
Chocolate cake recipe with vanilla sauce
If you thought you had already tried the most delicious dessert in the world, you need to know this recipe chocolate cake with vanilla sauce.
Healthy Dessert: Vegan Chocolate Cake
Surprise your best friend and your whole family with this vegan chocolate cake. They will fascinate you! Know the list of ingredients and do not forget any at the time …
Chocolate cake with cream and raspberries
Regardless of the occasion, you will want to prepare this delicious chocolate cake with cream and raspberries. Not only does it look like a contest, we are sure you will also be impressed by …