They say that the secret of a good dish is found in the sauce with which you prepare and accompany it, and our palate agrees with them. That is why we want to share some delicious recipes with mango sauce, one of our favorite flavors because no one can resist trying this rich creation.
You are interested: Mango leaves help treat diabetes
Mango: one of our favorite fruits
Manila, boy, petacón … are some varieties of mango and are distinguished by their flavor (some sweeter than others), size (big or small) and color (green, red, orange or yellow), although whichever you choose, it will taste exquisite.
It is normally enjoyed naturally, but the pulp is used as an ingredient in jams, juices, desserts, chutneys, and sauces.
Do you know when they are ripe? If they feel firm when pressed lightly, and if they also have shiny skin without dark spots or bruises, they are good specimens. But if you buy them even when they are green, let them ripen at room temperature, not in the refrigerator, as the cold alters their flavor.
Curiosities about the mango
- It is the national fruit of three countries: the Philippines, India and Pakistan. In fact, in India it is known as “the king of fruits”.
- His name is of Indian origin: mankay. Due to the complicated pronunciation, the Portuguese began to call it manga, until it took the name mango in various European countries and in America.
- Brazil was the first country where mangoes arrived, brought by the Portuguese.
- Can you imagine a mango that weighs 3.5 kg? Well, this fruit entered the Guinness record as the heaviest in the world, and it was originally from the Philippines.
- The mango tree is sacred in the Buddhist religion.
- Believe it or not, mango is a relative of pistachios. Both belong to the drupe family, also made up of olives, dates and cherries.
- Around 46 million mangoes are produced annually worldwide, of which. 40% is produced by India.
- The oldest mango tree is found in Kandesh, India, and is over 300 years old.
- Mango has been cultivated for more than 5,000 years. According to historical data, the first crops were in southern India, the Andaman Islands and Myanmar.
Cold soursop cake with mango sauce
We invite you to try a natural and delicious dessert: cold soursop cake with mango sauce, with the perfect touch to pamper yourself.
Vegetarian Jamaican Tacos with Mango Habanero Salsa
With an exquisite flavor, we bring you these vegetarian hibiscus tacos with mango and habanero sauce, super delicious!
Shrimp with coconut and mango sauce
Enjoy a rich combination of flavors with these Shrimp with Coconut and Mango Sauce. Follow our recipe and delight your palate.
Breaded olives with mango sauce
If we talk about original and delicious snacks, these breaded olives with mango sauce are ideal for your party.
Beef skewers with jerk and mango sauce
For your meal, nothing is as perfect and delicious as these jerk meat skewers with mango sauce. We teach you how to prepare them!
Loin in mango sauce with chipotle
A good cook knows that for the tenderloin to be complete it has to be served with a delicious sauce and this recipe is the proof.
Rich mango chicken wings
If you are one of those who enjoys classic flavors, these delicious mango chicken wings are for you. We tell you how to prepare them so that they are delicious, from …
Cheese mousse with mango sauce
If what you are looking for is a creamy dessert, you have come to the right place. Learn how to make a cheese mousse with mango sauce. You will be fascinated! Who can resist …