Well designed and balanced, a healthy salad it can become your favorite dish … obviously you won’t want to eat it if you put only lettuce, lemon and some slices of a vegetable.
Therefore, we share this guide with you to prepare a salad that is as delicious as it is healthy. Take note!
It may interest you: Basic superfoods that cannot be missing in your pantry
Anatomy of a healthy salad
- Green Base: Skip tasteless lettuce first. Make a mix of lettuce with spinach, kale or chard for more flavor.
- Veggies – This is where you can get a kick out of it, add all the veggies you like! Cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, tomato, cucumber, corn, etc.
- Go nuts: meanwhile, the seeds provide the natural fats that your body needs: peanuts, almonds or cashews.
- Protein: in this step you can vary more to have different flavors each day: tuna, chicken breast, egg, fish or red meat. Make sure they are cooked on the grill
- so you don’t turn your salad into a calorie bomb.
- Cheese: some cheese… choose panela, mozzarella or goat instead of yellow cheeses.
- Sweet Touch: For sweet and sour flavors, add a handful of blueberries, raisins, or pomegranates.
- Vinaigrettes or dressings of your creation: Finally, avoid buying bottle dressings, as they have a lot of fat or sugar. Mix spiced olive oil or Greek yogurt with lemon.
Do not miss: This is how a poor diet affects your skin
Do you want to take it to another level?
- Mexican: You can add black beans, avocado, baked tortilla strips, yellow corn, and pico de gallo.
- Mediterranean: add jocoque, toasted pita bread, cherry tomato, olives and olive oil.
- Buddha bowl: replace the base with quinoa or brown rice, and add your favorite vegetables on top, such as kale, roasted sweet potato, red onion, avocado, corn, and a protein.
Discover more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen