Although at the beginning of autumn we are looking forward to enjoying spoon dishes, stews and other comforting dishes, we must not forget the importance of salads in our daily diet. To innovate in our cookbook, we have compiled these 57 lettuce-free salads perfect for fall, so that they serve as inspiration and help you to have a varied and balanced menu.
To make it easier to find the salad that you want on each occasionWe have organized them into salads with other green leaves, carpaccios, rice salads, pasta, legumes and other salads ideal for autumn. We hope you like our selection.
Three QUICK and EASY salads with LEGUMES
57 lettuce-free salads perfect for fall
Salads with leafy vegetables
In addition to the lettuce, -and its cousin the endive- there are many other leafy vegetables with which we can make salads: endives, spinach, watercress, lamb’s lettuce, borage, arugula …, they are perfect for making different salads that avoid us falling into the temptation of always putting the same boring salad of lettuce and tomato.
Endive salad with roquefort and almonds
- Ingredients: 120 g Roquefort cheese, chopped, 60 ml White wine, 200 g Liquid cream, Salt, ground black pepper, 4 Endives, Surimi, 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- Elaboration: We put the Roquefort cheese and the white wine in a saucepan over the fire and heat it, always stirring, until everything melts and a cream forms. Add the cream and pepper, stir, pour into a bowl and let it cool off the heat. We open the endives, wash them and drain them, then we distribute them on the tray where we are going to serve the salad. We chop the surimi and distribute it over the endives. We bathe it with the sauce and, finally, sprinkle with the sliced almonds.
See full recipe
Other salads with leafy greens
Carpaccios in salad
With a mandolin or a sharp knife, we cut the main ingredient into slices and we arrange it elegantly on the plate, completing it with the chosen dressing. So we can prepare an original recipe, colorful and different from the usual.
Although we tend to remember more of them in spring and summer, rice salads are also perfect for fall, being a very complete dish, ideal for a single dish, since they provide the carbohydrates from the rice and the proteins -tuna, chicken …- that we add to them.
Rice salad with roast chicken, asparagus and corn with special dressing
- Ingredients: 200 g of basmati rice, 50 g of grain corn, 100 g of cooked wild asparagus, 100 g of tomato, two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, one tablespoon of vinegar, two tablespoons of mayonnaise, a pinch of cumin, 200 g of roasted chicken breast, two kumquat cut into slices.
- Elaboration: We start by soaking the basmati rice for a few minutes so that it softens and releases some starch. Then we cook it following the manufacturer’s instructions – it will take about twelve minutes – and when we have it ready, we drain it well in a colander. To make the dressing, mix the oil, vinegar and mayonnaise in a bowl and add a pinch of ground cumin. Mix well until emulsified and reserve. Chop the green asparagus into small pieces and drain the cooked corn from the can. We cut the tomatoes into small portions and prepare the roast chicken, cutting the breast into small portions. If you have some sauce from the chicken, it is also good to mix in our dressing, lightening it a bit and adding more flavor. We finish by mixing the ingredients so that they are well distributed and we dress just before eating the salad, so that the ingredients do not stay straight but maintain their smoothness and texture. Garnish with the kumquat cut into very thin slices and a little fresh thyme. In case of preparing this salad to take to work, we will bring the dressing in a closed glass jar that we will shake at the last moment before serving over the salad.
See full recipe
Other rice salads
Pasta salads, like rice salads, They are very comfortable to take to work or university in a container and they are very complete when incorporating carbohydrates, along with vegetables and seasoning.
In the autumn season we love spoon dishes and vegetable stews, but these are also good for making very satiating salads that help us keep the line and feel well satisfied, avoiding snacking between meals.
Sweet and sour chickpea salad
- Ingredients: 600 g of canned chickpeas, 2 carrots, 1 spring onion, 60 g of raisins, the juice of 1 orange, a sprig of parsley, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil , 1 bay leaf, a pinch of dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Elaboration: We start by peeling and chopping the chives and sliced carrots. Then we put a frying pan on the fire with a tablespoon of oil and sauté the vegetables with the raisins for five minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add the oregano and bay leaf, deglazing with the orange juice. Add the washed and drained chickpeas and cook everything for 15 minutes. Add the balsamic vinegar, integrate it into the mixture and let everything cool for twenty minutes. We divide the salad into bowls and serve it with a tablespoon of olive oil on top.
See full recipe
Other legume salad recipes
Other salads for the fall
In addition to all of the above, the world of salads is practically inexhaustible and it’s full of possibilities. To complete our compilation, we leave you with other salad recipes that will come in handy this fall.