Today tlayudas are in fashion, thanks to Street Food Latin America, where our traditional dish was the winner against others Latin American dishes they also have theirs.
We present you the 5 Latin American dishes of the moment and that surely you will also crave (not as much as our beloved tlayudas, winners of our heart and palate).
It may interest you: 9 super foods of Mexican origin with great benefits
Latin American dishes
Do not miss: The 5 best Mexican food recipes that you cannot miss
Curiosities of the Oaxacan tlayuda, a worthy rival to other Latin American dishes
And since we are talking about Latin American dishes and Latin American Street Food, we will tell you more about the first place, our Oaxacan tlayuda:
- Its name comes from Nahuatl and means “shelled corn.”
- They are the largest tortillas that exist. They get to measure 30 cm or more in diameter.
- To achieve their texture, they are left on the comal until they are toasted and of a firm consistency.
- Its flavor is very different from that of conventional tortillas. It acquires it because after being baked, it is stored in the tanate (the basket), which due to its manufacture gives it a peculiar flavor and also makes it somewhat brittle.
- Being toasted, it can last much longer than conventional tortillas.
- It can be prepared with many ingredients, but the traditional ones are the pork seat, quesillo, chopped cabbage, jerky and molcajete sauce.
Now that you know more delicious food from Mexico and around the world, we invite you to explore more recipes in Easy Kitchen
You can’t miss: Tlayuda through the eyes of chefs