The typical Chinese food It is one of the best known in the world and that is why we invite you to know which are the most popular dishes.
It may interest you: Green noodles with fried vegetables
Typical Chinese food: an ancestral gastronomic tradition
Throughout the world there are thousands of typical Chinese food restaurants, which is why it is usually one of the best known and most consumed international meals. Thanks to its great variety and its peculiar combination of flavors, its popularity has spread for a long time.
Like Mexican cuisine, in China, there is a great variety of typical dishes whose flavors and ingredients are derived mainly from the region to which they belong.
Keep reading: Prepare delicious homemade dumplings step by step
But, in general, the dishes of Chinese gastronomy are distinguished by having salty, spicy, acid, sweet and bitter flavors, these flavors are considered the most representative and change depending on the region of the country in which you are.
For example, the typical Chinese food with spicy flavor, you find them in the typical food of central and southern China, while the sweet is typical of the east and the salty of the coastal areas.
Do not miss: Recipe to prepare homemade spring rolls
5 DISHES OF TYPICAL CHINESE FOOD YOU SHOULD KNOW
You’re interested: 12 ancient Chinese food recipes
CURIOSITIES OF CHINESE FOOD
- The Yin Yang: the yin, in light and refreshing foods (fruits and vegetables) and the yan, in foods related to heat (meat and fried food).
- Chopsticks are used because they are very inexpensive and easy to prepare, and allow eating in small and adequate portions.
- The Chinese do not drink water or other types of drinks during their meals.
- The only liquid that is ingested in the food are the typical broths.
- In China they do not have as such a concept of vegetarian food. Rather, they believe in a balanced meal.
- Because knives are associated with weapons, they are not used during the meal, as it is a time of peace and harmony.
- Meals don’t end with dessert.
Discover more curiosities about your favorite food in Easy Kitchen