The heatwave season has already started in Mexico and it is super important to keep the whole family hydrated to avoid health problems. That is why we share these recipes with fresh waters, very healthy and low in calories, ideal for the season!
You are interested in: Tips to hydrate yourself
What is the heatwave?
According to data from the National Water Commission, heatwave is the season of the year when the heat reaches its highest temperatures.
This stage occurs a few weeks after the start of summer. This 2019, it will comprise from July 12 to August 20, 40 days on average.
Among its characteristics are temperatures higher than 37º C, the decrease in rainfall, excessive heating of the air and clear skies (little shade).
Much of the Mexican Republic is affected by the formation of the heatwave. Among the most affected states are Campeche, Colima, Chiapas, Guerrero, Hidalgo, Michoacán, Nuevo León, Oaxaca, Puebla, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosí, Tabasco, Tamaulipas, Tlaxcala, Veracruz and Yucatán.
What care should you have during the heatwave?
- Drink lots of fluids, and check that the water is properly disinfected.
- Wash your hands before and after using the bathroom, and before eating.
- Eat well-cooked fish and shellfish.
- Disinfect fruits and vegetables, especially those that you are going to consume raw.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, especially between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Go out in light clothing and wear sunglasses and an umbrella.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen.
- Prepare the fresh waters that we show you below.
You are interested: Tips for eating in summer and recipes for main dishes for the season
Water recipes to hydrate you in the heatwave
Refreshing strawberry and coconut frappe
Do not suffer from the heat of the dog days! We give you the recipe for this refreshing strawberry and coconut frappe. Prepare it for your whole family.
Lemonade fusion with very refreshing green tea
To hydrate you with something healthy and very delicious, we prepare for you this fusion of lemonade with green tea, perfect for the heatwave season.
Horchata water with red fruits, refreshing and healthy
For the seasonal heat, nothing is as delicious and healthy as this horchata water with red fruits. Prepare it at home!