The keto or ketogenic diet is based on reducing the intake of carbohydrates as much as possible by enhancing fats and proteins to force the body into ketosis. Your practice can respond to various objectives, and among them may be weight loss, whose effectiveness has been demonstrated by various studies. To do this, always counting on the advice of a professional, we can incorporate recipes like these into our diet.
We emphasize the importance of having specialized help from professional nutritionists when it comes to pursuing specific objectives in our diet or our health, especially following such restrictive or specific diets as ketogenic. Each person may have different needs and immediate weight loss isn’t everything, taking into account that we will not want a yo-yo effect or that health suffers.
There are many common recipes that we can adapt to the keto diet, reducing or eliminating carbohydrates with different modifications. If we are not so strict and we just want decrease carbohydrate intake To help us lose weight, these ideas will also be very useful.
The key is in completely eliminate refined or simple carbohydrates, which we normally consume in the form of cereal flours and sugars. The whole, healthier versions, in this case are not suitable either. We therefore forget about wheat, as well as other cereals such as spelled, rye, rice or corn, in all its forms (bread, pasta …). Pseudo-cereals like quinoa are also not considered suitable on the keto diet, despite their higher protein content and slow absorption.
Legumes, with their invaluable contribution of vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals, are also rich in carbohydrates, as well as any of their derived forms. As for fruits and vegetables, the former generally have more carbohydrates, although it can depend a lot on each variety. Among vegetables, small amounts of certain products such as zucchini, avoiding those rich in starches at all costs, like the potato.
AÇAÍ BOWL, a healthy, delicious, nutritious and super easy breakfast to make Instafood
Appetizers, breakfasts, snacks and snacks
These recipes are adapted to practically any time of day, according to our needs. We can consume them for breakfast or a snack, mid-morning, as a complement to main meals or between meals.
- Cloud bread or cloud bread. With only three ingredients, based on eggs, cream cheese and bicarbonate, provides good proteins and fats without using any type of flour. To take as is, accompany meals or fill with some protein.
- Keto waffles. The mass of these chaffles it is prepared with egg, cheese and a pinch of ground nuts. Adding spices will give them more flavor.
- Curried nuts. With the combination of nuts that we like the most and our favorite spices, we will have a delicious snack ideal to have on hand in the pantry.
- Microwave fried almonds. Actually they are not fried, they are cooked directly in the microwave with olive oil and they are really rich, crisp and tasty, with the minimum complication.
- Roasted pumpkin seeds or seeds. Rich in fats, vitamins and minerals, we can make them homemade using the seeds of the pumpkins that we buy, so as not to waste anything.
- Cloud eggs. Served with bacon, the secret of these eggs is in cook the whites and yolks separately, to play with the textures.
- Keto mini muffins. In mini format they are an energetic snack to have on hand when we need it, easy to store and transport. We can do without blueberries no problem to further reduce the carbohydrates, and add some seeds or extra chopped nuts.
- Keto garlic bread. Very energetic and easy to prepare, we can enhance the flavor of garlic according to our taste or tolerance.
- Black olive tapenade. A delicious spreadable cream to chop or garnish also meat and fish, rich in umami and good quality fats.
Depending on the day and our needs, we will need more or less energetic dishes in the main meals of the day. We must plan them based on the rest of our diet so as not to neglect all the nutrients, paying special attention to the contribution of vitamins and fiber. Obviously one grilled or baked meat It is the easiest option, but we have more ideas to give variety to your lunches and dinners at home.
- Wrap or roll of egg whites. In the recipe it is filled with black beans, corn and avocado, but we can use the same preparation of the roll to add the ingredients that suit better to our state of ketosis.
- Cauliflower pancakes. Cauliflower is a vegetable that normally has a place on the keto diet because of its high water and fiber content, and very low carbohydrates. In this recipe it is combined with eggs and herbs to cook it in the form of savory pancakes that are also very satisfying and versatile.
- Fluffy omelette. With an irresistible texture, the touch of butter increases the fats and nutrients of the dish, making it more satiating. We can increase the eggs per serving to make it a much more complete meal, without having to resort to garnishes.
- Chicken burguer. Served, obviously, without the vegetables, we can also substitute the tomato concentrate for mayonnaise and use cream cheese instead of yogurt.
- Turkey curry. To be eaten hot or in a salad, or used as a filling, in our keto diet we are interested in the combination of poultry with cheese and spices. You have to watch the hydrates in yogurt and evaporated milk, which we can do without and use high-fat cream.
- Keto chicken and avocado salad. Rich in good quality proteins and fats, it can be prepared with roast chicken scraps to achieve a better flavor.
- Bonito in oil. When this delicious fish is in full season, it is worth preparing it in homemade olive oil. Essential to eat well in summer, served chilled from the fridge.
- Baked salmon with nuts. We can skip the zucchini and simply prepare the fish with its coating of nuts, which in addition to adding healthy fats and other fundamental nutrients, create a crispy crust very tasty.
- Baked salmon loin with garlic sauce crust. Another great recipe even simpler, in case the nuts are not so to our liking. Mayonnaise goes wonderfully with fish and will delight the biggest garlic lovers.
- Baked sardines with parsley. A very healthy, seasonal and inexpensive fish, easy to cook without odors in the oven thanks to the touch of lemon and parsley, which also add its aroma and help to make it juicy.
- Tuna burgers. We can make them with frozen fish and flavor them to taste.
- Grilled mackerel. Another very inexpensive blue fish that comes out great by grilling it, in clean fillets, letting the skin cook first to be very crispy.
- Greek baked mackerel. Another option to enjoy this fatty fish is using the oven, with a recipe in which we can do without the onion or just leave it to add flavor and juiciness. Olives enrich the dish adding more healthy fats.
- Cod with olive butter. Cod is a fish available all year round in convenient frozen formats, and this recipe is a flavor explosion so as not to always eat it in the same way.
Sweets and desserts
Sugar, in all its forms (white, brown, brown, whole wheat, honey, syrups …) is forbidden on the keto diet. And it goes without saying that we should limit sweets in any healthy and more slimming diet, but that does not imply that we cannot indulge ourselves occasionally.
Without resorting to sweeteners being something we usually resort to, we can use them on specific occasions. The most suitable keto desserts will be the creamy types, using an ingredient as versatile as avocado, which makes good crumbs with the purest chocolate. 100% fat coconut milk, as well as very fatty dairy like mascarpone cheese, cream cheese or cream, they are also good resources.
- Keto microwave chocolate cupcakes. With peanut butter, pure cocoa and avocado, will appeal to lovers of the most intense chocolate. They can also be cooked in the oven and the sweet spot can be adjusted with a suitable sweetener.
- Avocado truffles. A sweet and energetic snack ideal to take advantage of the most ripe avocados in the pantry.
- Chia, coconut and dried fruit pudding. Disregarding dates, honey, raisins and dehydrated coconut, and substituting yogurt for natural cream cheese, we will have a high-fat dessert that combines various textures.
- Chia pudding, coffee and chocolate. It is the same idea, stay only with suitable ingredients in the keto diet, such as the chia seeds, natural coffee, a chocolate of the highest purity and without sugar, and nuts.
- Creamy chocolate and avocado. So simple that we crush the pulp of the fruit with cocoa, the aromas that we like (vanilla, cinnamon …) and add some liquid sweetener to give it just the right point of sweetness. If we want it creamier, we can add 100% natural almond milk, or nut butter.
- Chocolate and almond nougat. We call it nougat at Christmas, but this chocolatey version of the classic dessert can be eaten as a “chocolate bar” the rest of the year without anyone giving you a bad eye. Good high purity chocolate Without sugar, almonds or any other roasted dried fruit and a little oil, it does not take more to have a delicious and high-fat treat.
Photo | Unsplash
Directly to the Palate | Keto diet for vegans: these are the foods that you can include in your usual table and 17 recipes to consume them
Directly to the Palate | The possible side effects and drawbacks of following a keto diet