Discover the benefits of
chlorophyll for your body and make the most of them.
Each of the foods that we consume daily have the power to offer our body several benefits with unique and different properties, how chlorophyll.
Don’t miss: 10 benefits of spirulina
Chlorophyll benefits: know what it is and what it is for
It is a chemical compound present in plants, some algae and some bacteria, which is responsible for giving that green color to most of the members of the plant kingdom and is a fundamental part, along with light, that the process of photosynthesis takes place.
This relationship between chlorophyll and plants is well known to all, but what many are unaware of is the fact that it can also be consumed by humans and is very beneficial for health.
Maybe you are interested in 9 Benefits of eating jelly that you will love
Chlorophyll is also often known as the “blood of plants”, since its molecular structure resembles that of human blood, the difference is that hemoglobin is composed of iron, mainly, and magnesium chlorophyll.
How should it be consumed?
The most common way to do it is through green vegetables, the greener a vegetable is, the greater amount of chlorophyll it has. If you don’t know what foods to eat, we recommend spinach, lettuce, chard, watercress, kale, parsley, coriander, asparagus, peppers, celery, sea vegetables, etc.
To take advantage of the benefits of chlorophyll you should consume these foods preferably raw, that is, through salads or other recipes that require them as well; Another option is through green smoothies, which usually combine these vegetables with fruits, being super nutritious.
Maybe you are interested in Benefits of papaya seeds
There are many benefits of chlorophyll, so many, that there are even people who consider it a miracle substance. If you still do not know them, check this:
- It helps with the oxygenation of the blood and increases its production. In addition to helping oxygen to be better transported to cells, thus improving the health of the heart and other vital organs of the body.
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Increases athletic performance.
- It detoxifies the body, since its consumption has been shown to prevent the harmful effects of radiation and promote the elimination of heavy metals from the body and other wastes.
- Balances blood glucose levels.
- Strengthens memory.
- Keep your digestive system healthy, protect your colon, liver, stomach and gallbladder by consuming chlorophyll.
- It strengthens the heart muscle, improves circulation, lowers blood pressure and, in general, contributes to reducing the risk of cardiovascular accident.
- Eliminate dandruff by rubbing into the scalp and rinsing afterwards.
- This substance also helps you break down calcium oxalate stones for better elimination, which the body creates to eliminate excess acid.
Maybe you are interested in 13 Benefits of beets for you to enjoy
More benefits for your health
- It is rich in carotenoids, which once in the body activate the essential enzymes for proper assimilation of nutrients.
- It is an excellent mouthwash.
- Do you have low defenses? Chlorophyll facilitates the performance of defense functions by the cells of the immune system.
- Avoid flatulence, bad breath and stomach heaviness.
- It also has the ability to alkalize the blood, thus making it a less conducive environment for the development of viruses and bacteria.
- Helps heal ulcers.
- Thanks to its high content of vitamins A, C and E, chlorophyll is rich in antioxidants and various studies have shown that these properties can prevent various types of cancer, as well as eliminate various toxins from the body.
- Eliminates harmful fungi, bacteria and viruses.
- Stimulates estrogen production (helps with clots and menstrual problems)
- It helps to improve the absorption of calcium in bones and teeth.
- Promotes muscular and nervous performance.
As you can see, the benefits of chlorophyll are so many that it is impossible not to want to obtain them all, so start consuming this substance and share this tip with everyone.
Discover more benefits of your favorite foods in Easy Kitchen