There are a large number and varieties of recipes with chia. This small seed is very easy to include in the diet, as it combines very well with many foods. And above all, it is very nutritious, as it provides a large amount of nutrients necessary for our well-being.
We invite you to know these recipes with chia so that you can take advantage of all the benefits it has for your health and that of your family.
You are interested: 5 benefits of eating tapioca that you have to know
- These seeds are high in Omega 3 and fiber, so they help stabilize blood sugar, improve digestion, and lower cholesterol.
- They are also rich in antioxidants that protect us from free radicals, aging and cancer, without forgetting that they have an important source of calcium, manganese and phosphorus.
- The Omega 3 it contains is beneficial for brain health as well as for preventing arthritis and heart disease.
- If you consume them on a daily basis, they will help you improve your digestion, as they regulate intestinal function since they have a large amount of fiber.
- They do not contain gluten, so they are ideal for people with celiac disease.
- They are highly recommended for diabetics because they prevent blood sugar spikes.
- They are a great source of protein for vegetarians, rich in tryptophan – an amino acid that regulates appetite, sleep and improves mood.
- Decreases chronic inflammation by approximately 40%.
Facts you should know about chia
- The word chía comes from the Mayan language and means “strength”.
- It comes from a plant called Sage, vegetable rich in fatty acids.
- They are of Mexican and Guatemalan origin (chia was a staple in the Mayan and Aztec diet for more than 3,500 years).
- It was also used as a currency of exchange and as an offering of thanks to the gods.
- It was part of the 5 basic foods of pre-Hispanic civilizations (along with beans, corn, amaranth and chaya).
- The warriors consumed it before going on their long expeditions, thanks to its energy contribution. In addition, it had other medicinal uses.
- They can be consumed in juices, smoothies, smoothies, soups. You can also sprinkle them on salads or add them to your desserts or when baking breads (even pancakes!).
- You get it in seeds or powder, in supermarkets and health food stores.
Lemon chia pancake
We are going to pamper ourselves by preparing a lemon and chia pancake, very delicious and healthy. You will fall in love with this recipe.
Kiwi and chia popsicles to refresh yourself in a healthy way
Refresh yourself in a healthy way with these kiwi and chia popsicles that we bring for you. Follow the step by step to prepare them.
Strawberry, blackberry and chia jelly
Enjoy a delicious strawberry, blackberry and chia jelly. Best of all, it is super healthy and very easy to prepare.
Carrot salad with chia and ginger
A different but delicious option for your diet! Make this ginger chia carrot salad. It will become your favorite.
Broccoli cream with chia and bacon
We bet you weren’t expecting this delicious and nutritious food combination. Dare to prepare this broccoli cream with chia and bacon.
Homemade protein bars with chocolate and chia
Make your own homemade protein bars with our recipe. You will love the combination of chocolate and chia: the perfect ingredients to give you energy.
Rice with vegetables and chia vinaigrette
We have a super delicious and healthy garnish for you: prepare this rice with vegetables and chia vinaigrette, a recipe that you cannot miss.
Muffins: recipe with chia and apple
So that you indulge in a very healthy way, we share these recipe muffins with chia and apple. Learn how to prepare them.
Easy chia lemon water recipe
Take full advantage of the properties of chia seeds in a delicious and refreshing way.
Horchata water with chia, refreshing and healthy
Hydration is very important during each meal, and we should always accompany our food with a refreshing and healthy drink, like this horchata water with chia. …
Healthy Recipes: Amaranth Balls
Amaranth balls are a delight, so today we share the recipe so you can learn how to prepare them at home. It is not for nothing but you will end up loving this snack. …
Healthy Recipes: Chia Pudding
If you like to cook, make chia pudding, a healthy lunch option to take to work. You’re going to love it! Find out the full recipe here. In Easy Kitchen we …
Mango jelly with chia
Today prepare this mango jelly with chia. These types of desserts are wonderful because they allow you to mix healthy flavors and ingredients. Who can resist a rich, sweet and …
Mamey with chia smoothie
The mamey chia smoothie is an energy bomb! If you want to surprise your partner with a practical but super healthy breakfast, we recommend this shake. Chia …
Chia oatmeal bars
Because snacks do not necessarily have to have large calories to be delicious, we present these delicious oatmeal bars with chia, which, in addition to being nutritious, have a …
Sweet potato and chia cupcakes
Would you like to pamper yourself with a delicious but nutritious dessert? You cannot pass up these delicious sweet potato and chia cupcakes, perfect for taking care of your health and pampering yourself in a delicious way. …
Peanut butter with chia
For those craving moments or after a hard workout at the gym, you sure need a healthy snack like this chia peanut butter recipe. Profits…
Blueberry smoothie with chia
Seeds are one of the most important bases for a healthy diet. Make a delicious chia smoothie and add more flavor with a couple of blueberries.…