The red snapper It is one of the most popular fish in Mexican cuisine, due to its many healthy properties, its flavor and versatility in the kitchen. Today we invite you to prepare it in one of these 16 recipes. Choose your favorite!
You are interested in: The 5 lightest and most nutritious fish fillet recipes
What is it?
Red snapper, also known as red snapper, is a marine fish with a deep red back, and a favorite for cooking due to the firm consistency of its meat and its mild flavor.
This species lives at the bottom of the sea, especially where there are rocky reef bottoms, in the areas of the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. There, it feeds on reddish crustaceans, which gives it its characteristic color.
Another reason why it is very popular is that it can be caught in any season of the year, therefore, it is difficult for it to be scarce and for its consumption to be habitual.
Benefits for your health
- It is rich in B vitamins, which help regulate the body and the formation of red blood cells.
- Provides a considerable amount of phosphorus, necessary to keep the nervous system healthy.
- Recommended for children to consume, since its nutrients help their healthy development and growth.
- It is one of the lowest fat fish. It provides 21 grams of calories for every 100 grams of consumption.
- Its white meat is very easy to digest.
- It is a natural cardioprotector, recommended for people with heart conditions.
- Helps with good circulation and prevent varicose veins and hemorrhoids problems.
You are interested in: Benefits of fish for the diet of your whole family
Facts you should know about this fish
- Its name comes from Nahuatl, which means “red meat”.
- In Mexico, about 19 thousand tons are produced per year.
- The states with the highest production of red snapper are Baja California, Nayarit and Guerrero.
- Although its consumption is commercial, there are prohibition regulations that prevent it from being hunted with nets, in order to preserve the species.
- The largest red snapper can weigh up to 18 kilograms.
Red snapper tacos al pastor
“Give me 5 tacos de snapper al pastor with everything”, that is what your family will tell you when we teach you to prepare fish in this delicious way. Let’s cook! And for what…
Fish fillet Veracruz style, delicious and easy recipe
If you are planning to prepare a meal without meat but with the typical homemade flavor, we recommend you try this delicacy.
Red seafood broth with red snapper
Taste the most delicious flavor of the sea with this red seafood broth with red snapper. We share the recipe for you to enjoy.
Ensenada style fish tacos with mango pico de gallo
The most delicious moment has arrived! You’re going to fall in love with these Ensenada style fish tacos with mango pico de gallo. To enjoy!
Fried red snapper fish in green sauce
Don’t wait until Lent to prepare this fried red snapper fish in green sauce, when you can prepare it today, go ahead and try it!
Red snapper with garlic sauce and green sauce
Just by looking at it, it craves! Don’t miss out on trying this red snapper with garlic sauce and green sauce. We give you the recipe so you can prepare it at home.
Red snapper: steak with grilled vegetables
For a delicious complete meal, just make this Red Snapper Steak with Grilled Veggies. We pass you this delicious recipe!
Red snapper cooked to order with rice and banana
At sea, life is tastier! And this red snapper with rice and banana proves it. Dare to prepare it!
Delicious fried red snapper to make at home
Don’t be afraid to prepare fish! Here we bring you a delicious super easy fried red snapper for you to prepare at home.
Fish skewer with green beans and brown rice
This fish skewer with green beans and brown rice is ideal on today’s menu. We tell you how to prepare this delicious and complete meal.
Red snapper fish sandwiches
Put a healthy spin on your gathering with these delicious red snapper fish sandwiches. To conquer palates!
Red snapper fillet marinated in guajillo and broccoli salad
Get ready to try something really delicious. We tell you how to make a red snapper fillet marinated in guajillo accompanied by broccoli salad.
Red snapper baked in chilli sauce
If you like food spicy and full of flavor, we recommend you try this succulent delicacy, since the red snapper baked in chilli sauce has everything that …
Crispy and delicious fillet fish skewers with peanuts
Live a new experience of eating fish with these fish fillet skewers with peanuts, a super crunchy recipe that will fascinate you; do not stay with the desire to experiment …
Red snapper fillet with olive tempura
Looking for something rich, filling and nutritious? How about a red snapper fillet with olive tempura? Not only does it look delicious, it is too, so much so that you won’t be able to stop …
Red snapper wallpaper
We tell you step by step how to prepare a delicious wallpaper red snapper. Is your mouth watering yet? To us too. Keep browsing the Easy Kitchen site to …