Nothing so practical and delicious as hot dogs to spend a great weekend at home. If a barbecue is coming up or you prefer to prepare them in the kitchen, these 16 recipes are perfect for your plan.
You’re interested: French fries with chipotle mayonnaise
History of hot dogs
The history of the hot dog (“hot dog” by its name in Spanish) begins in the cities of New York and Chicago, where street vendors, generally Jewish immigrants, began to sell meat in a pan.
German butcher Charles Feltman was one of the first to introduce sausages to the American market, placing carts of “hot dogs” on the beaches of Coney Island.
The hot dog was so successful that it was not long before its sale spread to ballparks, not only because of its taste, but because of its practicality to serve and eat it.
Do not miss: The best tips to improve your hot dogs
- Its name is due to the graphic humorist Tad Dorgan, who compared the shape of the sausage with the breed of the “sausage dog”, which in German is called dachshund.
- The sandwich used to be served hot, which is why they became known as “hot dogs” or hot dogs.
- Another theory about their origin indicates that they arose in ST. Louis, in 1904, to replace the gloves that merchants used to sell sausages.
- In Washington there is the National Hot Dog and Saugage Council, an organization that is responsible for obtaining information to improve the quality of the preparation of sausages and hot dogs.
- The city of Los Angeles, in California, USA, is the number one city in consuming hot dogs, where more than 95 million hot dogs are consumed per year.
- In fact, the average American can eat 60 hot dogs a year.
You are interested: 7 basic and easy tips for the perfect barbecue
- The hot dog is the favorite food to celebrate Independence Day (July 4) in the United States.
- In Chicago, only kids can put ketchup on their hot dog.
- The most expensive hot dog in the world is the Juuni Ban, it costs 169 dollars and contains a bratwusrt sausage:
- smoked cheese and different ingredients of Japanese origin, such as teriyaki butter, maitake mushrooms and Japanese mayonnaise.
- And if you have a craving for a hamburger and a hot dog and you can’t decide, in Chile there are burgers.
- a combination made with a ground beef sausage stuffed with cheese, accompanied by bacon, tomato, onion and mustard.
- A plain hot dog has approximately 175 calories, 15 g of fat, and 7 g of carbohydrates.
You are interested: 9 ways to prepare nachos for all tastes
Hot dog recipes
Mexican style hot dog
Who said that the taste of Mexico could not cross borders? To try it, we have this Mexican hot dog that you are going to love.
Recipe hot dogs with pickle dressing
We know that hot dogs are your biggest temptation, and that you love trying them with new flavors. That is why we have brought you these recipe hot dogs with dressing …
BBQ hot dog
In a good barbecue you cannot miss some delicious sausages and, to serve them, nothing better than this BBQ hot dog. We give you the recipe so that they are super delicious.…
Hot dog with bacon dressing
If you are looking for different flavors for your favorite food, then this hot dog with bacon dressing is for you. Discover how to prepare it with our recipe. You are interested in: Beer Dip …
Bacon hot dog
If you like the classic flavors of sandwiches, then you can’t pass up this delicious hot dog with bacon, perfect for you to easily prepare at home …
BBQ pork hot dog
There is no excuse to try a delicious hot dog with a different flavor. If you are also a fan, don’t miss out on trying this hot dog with BBQ pork.…
Hot dog with esquites. the perfect combination!
The perfect combination exists and we find it in this delicious hot dog with skis. Do you dare to try it? Then read on and discover everything you need to prepare this …
Hot dog with beans and purple cabbage
If you are looking for a hot dog that is more than exquisite, your search is over. Here we present you a hot dog with beans and purple cabbage that you are going to love. …
Hot dog with breaded jalapeño and Cheddar cheese
Show off at your next meeting by preparing this delicious hot dog with breaded jalapeño and Cheddar cheese for your guests. We bet you that it will become your favorite. You are interested in: Dip of …
Hot dog with pico de gallo, a very practical delicacy!
You have to admit it: there is no more delicious and practical snack than a hot dog. Here we bring you a delicious proposal that you are going to love: hot dog with pico de gallo.…
Giant Chili Beef Hot Dog
If you’re a fan of hot dogs, then you won’t be able to pass up this giant chili beef hot dog recipe. We tell you everything you need to prepare it, …
Hawaiian hot dog, irresistible!
For hot dogs there are no limits, and proof of this is this irresistible Hawaiian hot dog, perfect for you to prepare a weekend at home or at …
Mini hot dog in baguette to share
Today we bring you the perfect sandwich to serve at a party or a special gathering. Try this mini hot dog in a baguette that will definitely suit you …
Flavor of sea and land: hot dog with shrimp
If you’re a fan of exotic flavor combinations, this shrimp hot dog is for you. Prepare and enjoy this combination of land and sea that is perfect to share …
Delicious and irresistible hot dog with chili
You are going to love this hot dog with chili for many reasons, and not only because of its delicious flavor that you crave just by looking at it: it is also super easy to …
Spicy hot dog with serrano peppers
Today we craved a spicy-flavored sandwich. This spicy hot dog with serrano peppers seemed perfect for you to prepare and enjoy as well. Take note! You are interested in: Popcorn …