The baguette It has become one of the breads with which we like to accompany lunch or dinner. And it is perfect to enjoy various dishes, and as an excellent complement if we do not have tortillas.
However, you can take advantage of the baguette for much more, because with this bread you can prepare muffins, a sandwich or even be a snack with a rich dressing. Get to know these 16 options that we bring you today and have a great time.
You’re interested: Homemade pancake recipes that you can easily prepare
The baguette: origin and history
The word baguette comes from French and means “wand”, although some associate it with the word “long” or “bar”.
It is characterized by being prepared with wheat flour, and it is much longer, wider and crunchier than other breads. It reaches 85 centimeters and weighs around 250 grams.
In world gastronomy, it is considered the ideal bread to prepare a wide variety of sandwiches.
It is believed that its origin was derived from the first breads developed in the city of Vienna, in Austria, in the mid-nineteenth century. However, the French are the ones who claim his invention.
Even in 1993 the French government recognized that it had the official baguette recipe, which is made with ancient methods, to achieve the tradition baguette.
- It is a very traditional bread in France, especially in Paris.
- According to the traditional recipe, the baguette can only be made with 5 ingredients: water, wheat flour, yeast, sourdough and salt.
- One way to recognize a good baguette is that the mixture forms bubbles on the inside.
- They are an essential part of the French breakfast.
- It is a quick-cooking bread, which made it very popular from the 19th century onwards.
- 95% of the French go to the bakery at least once a day. And 80% do it to buy baguettes.
- In France there are around 30 thousand artisan bakeries. This is the weight that bread has in its gastronomic culture.
You’re interested: 11 French bread recipes for a breakfast in bed
Make the most of the bread before it hardens
There are several ways to get the most out of that piece of baguette or bolillo before it becomes hard:
- Prepare a rich pudding: crumble the bread and soak it in hot milk until it absorbs the liquid; add a little butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, dry wine, and almonds. Pour the preparation into a greased mold and bake until firm.
- Cut the bread into small pieces and fry them in butter flavored with herbs. Serve them to accompany a dip or add them to a cream or salad (croutons).
- Are there still several rolls left? Cut them in half lengthwise, remove the crumb, spread butter on each piece and sprinkle grated cheese; Put the halves back together and varnish the surface with melted butter. Bake until golden brown.
- Another variety: Rub each half with crushed garlic, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped parsley; bake until lightly browned.
Healthy Vietnamese style sandwich
A delicious option that you can prepare to take care of yourself is this healthy Vietnamese-style sandwich. Follow the recipe!
Baguette: avocado toast recipe
We bring you the ideal option for a light and delicious dinner. Learn how to make this baguette: avocado toast recipe.
Grilled chicken baguette
You have to try this Grilled Chicken Baguette and prepare it for your family. Take note of all the ingredients and the step by step.
Serrano ham baguette stuffed with egg and cheese
Indulge yourself for breakfast with this Serrano ham baguette stuffed with egg and cheese. Follow the step by step.
Crostini: recipe for olives with tomato
Serve your guests these delicious crostini recipe of olives with tomato. Learn to prepare them the easy way.
Baguette stuffed with tuna
We invite you to prepare a delicious tuna baguette, the ideal snack for you to enjoy at the office, at school, or if you prefer, at home.
Mini hot dog in baguette to share
Today we bring you the perfect sandwich to serve at a party or a special gathering. Try this mini hot dog in a baguette that will definitely suit you …
3 cheese dip with toasted baguette, super delicious!
Any day is perfect to pamper ourselves with a delicious snack, especially if it is cheese. Here we bring you a delicious 3-cheese dip with toasted baguette. Not only…
Biscay-style cod in baguette
Cod is one of the favorite foods for this time of year, and it can be prepared in many ways. We want to share with you a Biscayan cod baguette, …
Smoked salmon tapas with green apple
After seeing this delicacy, will you say that you did not crave it? Green Apple Smoked Salmon Tapas are all you need right now; no matter the place …
For those days when your hunger and craving is enormous, there is no better food to satisfy than this giant baguette with which you will surely be more than satisfied. …
Garlic bread sticks
Snacks do not always have to be super elaborate to be delicious, proof of this are these rich garlic bread sticks, so practical and easy to prepare …
Spinach sandwich with Gruyère cheese and caramelized onion
Bring with you a spinach sandwich with Gruyére cheese and caramelized onion, a simple option but with a different touch that will make you enjoy a gourmet sandwich at medium …
Muffins with slits
A classic for breakfast: Muffins with slices. This recipe is one of our favorites because it is very easy to prepare, you need few ingredients and it tastes delicious. Are you interested in reading: …
Ham and pesto rolls
Surprise your guests with the delight of the ham and pesto rolls, which are super easy and quick to prepare, they will fascinate all those who …
Sausage baguettes with spicy ketchup
For those days when the fans are very big and you can’t avoid having meetings with your friends, enjoy your favorite sport accompanied by these sausage baguettes …