Chicken is a product that we use a lot in our homes and both whole for roasting in the oven and sliced is a fantastic ingredient. Today we want to give prominence to the legs of this animal with these 15 quick and easy recipes to cook chicken thighs or ham.
As we did by compiling the best recipes with chicken wings, or with the best recipes for roast chicken, today we are going to discover a few ways to prepare chicken drumsticks in stews and roasts with delicious sauces, in these fifteen recipes that have in common their simplicity in preparation.
Baked Chicken Thighs
We will start by preparing the marinade for chicken. For that, in a blender glass we add the peeled garlic cloves, together with the oil and aromatic herbs, as well as the salt and pepper. We blend everything with the mixer. We smear the chicken thighs with the marinade and place them in a bowl, cover them with film and leave them in the fridge for an hour and a half. Once the time passes, we preheat the oven to 190 degrees with heat up and down. We place the chicken thighs in a baking dish along with their marinade. We salt them, add the dry white wine and the juice of half a lemon and the we bake for an hour or until they are golden to our liking. During baking it is convenient go turning them from time to time so that they brown equally on both sides, as well as brushing them with the sauce to prevent them from drying out at any time.
Link to Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
Chicken thighs with apple and nuts
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 1 apple, 6 pitted prunes, 12 raisins or cranberries, 2 tablespoons of pine nuts, 1 tablespoon of sliced almonds, 1 onion, 1 leek, 1 glass of chicken broth, a splash of wine candy
Elaboration: We clean the thighs, removing if they had any down or burning them in the fire and mark them in a dish suitable for the oven, until they are slightly golden. Reserve the thighs and fry the finely chopped onion and leek over low heat until they begin to caramelize. We reintegrate the thighs and put them in a preheated oven at 180º with heat up and down. We hydrate the plums and raisins in warm water. When the thighs have been in the oven for 20 minutes, add the plums, raisins, sliced almonds and pine nuts, turning the chicken pieces so that they brown on the other side. We also add the broth and the sweet wine and let the chicken cook for another 20 minutes. As the chicken slices are turned, we will ensure that they brown evenly while they cook and take in the flavors of all the ingredients. We peel the apple and cut it into wedges, so that they look like garnish potatoes. We add them to our roast and turn the chicken slices again. We leave another ten minutes and gratin another three minutes so that the apples that are already well roasted take on a golden color.
Link to the recipe for chicken thighs with apple and nuts
Black beer chicken thighs
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, an onion, a black beer and salt to taste
- Elaboration: To make these black beer chicken thighs, we are going to use the oven, where they will be very tender. First, season well and brown the chicken thighs in a pan so that they are beautiful on all sides. While the chicken is cooking, chop the onion and poach it over low heat, until it is very soft, but without turning any color. This operation will take about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, we will have preheated the oven to 200ºC. In a baking dish, place the poached onion forming a bed. On it we place the four chicken thighs, alternating their position so that they are well and have enough space to bake. We serve the black beer over the whole and put the dish in the oven, letting the stew cook for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes when the chicken has browned on one side, we can turn it over so that it browns on the other side
Link to Stout Chicken Thighs Recipe
Baked chicken drumsticks with barbecue sauce
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, a teaspoon of sweet paprika, half a teaspoon of hot paprika, half a teaspoon of onion powder, 15 ml of honey, 15 ml of balsamic vinegar, 30 ml of ketchup or tomato sauce, 2 very minced garlic cloves , concentrated tomato, 5 ml of Worcestershire sauce, 50 ml of chicken broth, vegetables or water, ground black pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
Elaboration: Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Dry the chicken with kitchen paper and remove any traces of feathers or excess fat. Let it warm for a few moments. Beat all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Season the chicken and season with the granulated garlic, sweet and hot paprika. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan or casserole, better if it can then be taken to the oven – cast iron skillet type and brown the drumsticks, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Take to a source -if you cannot use the pan- and add the sauce on top, mixing well. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover, turn the pieces, cover again and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Remove the chicken and keep in a covered source. Deglaze the remaining sauce by adding water or white wine, if necessary, to the fire. Cook, stirring without stopping, scratching the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula, until it thickens. Serve the chicken with this enicma reduced sauce.
Link to the recipe for baked chicken drumsticks with barbecue sauce.
Chicken thighs with soy sauce and orange
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs with skin, the juice of two oranges, 100ml of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, 1/4 of a medium onion, 1 teaspoon of orange zest, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Elaboration: The preparation of these thighs is actually quite simple and we will start by heating the olive oil in a pan large enough to fit all four thighs. We place the latter in the pan, skin side down. Let them brown (over medium heat) for about 6 to 8 minutes, until the skin is crisp, then turn the thighs and leave them for another 8 minutes, now with the skin facing up. The idea is that they are golden on both sides. Now we will prepare the sauce by pouring the other tablespoon of olive oil into a pot. Finely chop the onion and fry it for a couple of minutes. Then we add the orange juice, the soy sauce and stir. Add the sugar, honey, orange zest, salt and pepper to taste. We dissolve the cornstarch in a tablespoon of warm water and pour it into the preparation. Always with the pot on the stove, stir until it thickens slightly. We place the thighs in a baking dish and pour out the sauce. Bake at 180ºC for about 25 minutes. Throughout the cooking, I recommend pouring sauce a couple of times on the thighs with a spoon and without burning.
Link to the recipe for chicken thighs with soy sauce and orange
Chicken thighs with creamy persimmon persimmon sauce
Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 2 persimmon persimmons, 2 juice oranges, 1 onion, salt and pepper to taste.
Elaboration: To make the chicken thighs with creamy kaki sauce, we start by chopping one of the kakis after peeling it. On the other hand we make juice with two oranges and we put everything in the blender glass. We crush and reserve the sauce. We also chop the onion and cook it until it is poached. We booked. Finally, we also brown the chicken thighs, carefully so that they take color on all their faces. With all the ingredients ready, we take out the baking dish. Place the chicken thighs and the poached onion in the baking dish and cover with half of the orange and kaki sauce, baking at 180º for 40 minutes with heat up and down. After 20 minutes we turn the slices and finish by adding the rest of the sauce and grilling for 5 minutes. At that time we cut four very thin slices of the other kaki and chopped the rest. We serve the chicken thighs placing each one on a kaki slice and with a couple of tablespoons of sauce serving the rest in a sauce boat for those who want to repeat.
Link to recipe for chicken thighs with creamy persimmon persimmon sauce
Chicken thighs in spiced tomato sauce with basil
- Ingredients: 4 chicken thighs, 4 ripe tomatoes, basil, Provencal spices, garlic clove, black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and salt
- Elaboration: To make the tomato sauce, fry the sliced tomatoes in a tall saucepan with three tablespoons of olive oil and the finely chopped garlic clove. After 30 minutes over very low heat, we crush the tomatoes with a spoon so that they release all their juice and season them with the pepper, the aromatic herbs and the basil. We let it continue for another 10 minutes. Then we pass it through a masher to obtain a delicious spicy tomato sauce with which we will cook the thighs. Before cooking the thighs with the tomato, we cook them on the grill over low heat for 8 minutes until their surface is golden brown. Add the spiced tomato sauce, a few leaves of rosemary and thyme sprinkled on top and let the thighs cook for 20 minutes, turning them occasionally. To do this, we cover the saucepan so that the tomato does not splash and does not reduce too much by evaporation. The concentrated flavor of this tomato sauce will permeate the meat of the chicken that is cooked in it, with a spectacular result.
Link to the recipe for Chicken Thighs in Spiced Tomato Sauce with Basil
Chicken thighs with quince
- Ingredients: 4-6 chicken drumsticks with skin, thyme, 4-6 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 1 cinnamon stick, 5 black peppercorns, 1 teaspoon of turmeric, 1 pinch of saffron, 1 bay leaf, 1 / 2 glass of fragrant wine, 3 small quinces, 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of honey, broth or water, black pepper, salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Elaboration: Season the chicken thighs and season with a little thyme. Cut the shallots in half and …