There is a great variety of nuts, whose nutritional properties are many, and among them is the pistachio. Today we want to talk to you about the benefits of pistachio for your health and beauty. You will want to eat them today!
You are interested: Benefits of dehydrated fruits
Pistachio benefits for your health
- It has a considerable amount of fiber, folic acid and good fats (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated), which reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood.
- Consuming between 30 and 50 grams of pistachios accompanied by other nuts, can reduce the risk of various heart diseases.
- They help digestion: due to its fiber content, a serving of pistachios regulates intestinal transit.
- Good for the teeth: Pistachios contain phosphorus, which strengthens the teeth.
- According to studies by the University of Tarragona, they are the best dried fruit that patients with diabetes can consume, due to their rich content in fiber, beta-carotene and procyanidins.
- Its high content of healthy fats, fiber, proteins and antioxidants, work together and improve sexual performance.
- They reduce stress: Being rich in potassium and magnesium, pistachios reduce blood pressure and heart rate.
Benefits for your beauty:
- They have lutein, vitamin E and gamma-tocopherol, powerful antioxidants that delay aging and make your skin look healthier.
- Pistachio oil is a natural moisturizer that keeps your hair healthy, as well as protecting it from the sun’s rays.
- They protect the skin: pistachios help it to regenerate, thanks to its content of vitamin A, E, and B2.
You are interested: 10 Benefits of flaxseed for your health and beauty
Benefits for your weight and height
- Its regular consumption can lower the IMS (muscle mass index) in low-calorie diets.
- They slow down the intake: the shell of the pistachios causes a reduction in caloric intake, since they function as a visual signal of their consumption.
- They help suppress hunger and reduce the urge to overeat.
- Various studies testify that people who usually consume them are less likely to suffer from obesity. In fact, a serving of pistachios provides only 73 kcal (approximately 18 pistachios).
- They provide vegetable proteins, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium, which make them a highly recommended food for athletes.
Do not miss: The good thing about almonds
Curiosities about the pistachio
- February 26 is World Pistachio Day, so you can celebrate it by eating it as a snack.
- Its tree is native to the Middle East, which happened to be cultivated in the Mediterranean and from there to the rest of the world.
- It is one of the oldest nut trees. In fact, a record of its existence is found in the first book of the Bible, Genesis.
- In China it is known as the “happy nut” and in Iran as “smiling nut” (for a reason).
- Pistachio is usually expensive, since the plant takes around 7 years to produce the fruit (a long wait for pistachio lovers).
You are interested in: Foods that burn fat and strengthen your immune system
Recipes with pistachios
We know that you love eating them by themselves, but you will also love them if you include them in one of these recipes. You will not regret it!
Discover more information about food for your health and nutrition in Easy Kitchen
How to make French toast with cream and pistachios
Nothing like a breakfast in bed to pamper your favorite person. Learn how to make French bread with cream and pistachios, Easy Cooking style recipe.
Finger licking pistachio and cheese flan recipe
Now is the time to spoil the whole family with a pistachio and cheese flan. It is not for nothing but they will end up sucking their fingers because of how rich you are …
Pistachio ice cream with roses
Making pistachio ice cream with roses is much easier than you might think. Know what are the ingredients you need to make this delicious dessert, perfect for days where …
Chocolate gelatin with pistachio
If you had to take dessert to dinner with your in-laws, follow the recipe for chocolate gelatin with pistachio. A mix of flavors! Everyone will ask you for a slice …
Pistachio pancakes with lemon
Pistachio is a delicious seed full of nutrients necessary for our body. Include it in your breakfast with these delicious pistachio pancakes with lemon. You will see that you will want to try them …