The best thing you can do is decide to create all the amazing carrot recipes that we have in Easy Kitchen.
Read on and choose the one that suits you the most. In addition, you cannot miss the opportunity to learn a little about the history of this vegetable as well as its benefits and nutritional contribution.
It may interest you: 5 benefits of carrots
Carrot recipes: know its history
Historical records reveal that the origin of the carrot was in Afghanistan, thanks to the fact that there is a great variety of this food in that country, but it is believed that this food was already consumed for more than 2,000 years, but it was not so successful as in this time.
Before, this vegetable was not as we know it today, since the color it had is far from orange, it actually had a purple or yellowish tone and was long and thin, it was not until the seventeenth century when it obtained the color with the that we know her today.
The orange carrot arose thanks to the crossing and experiments carried out by the Dutch, who, interested in honoring their flag, achieved their goal.
This vegetable belongs to the Umbelliferae family, also known as Apiaceae, it is the most important and most consumed vegetable of this family and has about 250 genera and more than 2,500 species.
This food is well known for its abundant content of aromatic substances and it is generally the seeds that contain the essential oils responsible for its aroma and flavor.
You are interested in reading: 9 Carrot cake recipes to enjoy as you deserve
Carrots are classified according to their aroma and size, those with short roots are varieties of early cultivation, they can have a rounded or elongated and cylindrical shape; those with long roots are elongated and end in a point, but the most common species are those with intermediate roots, which have a thick, cylindrical shape, with smooth skin and a dark orange color.
Some of the most common carrot varieties are:
- Ardenta Parade: It is cylindrical, uniform and of very good coloration.
- Iva: It is cylindrical, sweet and very juicy.
- Purple: Its color is violet, with a pale tone in the center of the root until it reaches an almost white tone.
- Nantesa: This variety comes from France and its root is blunt, cylindrical and semi-long.
- Preda: It is elongated and cylindrical in shape, tender, sweet and juicy.
- Flakkee type: Its root is long and conical with vigorous leaves.
- Chantenay type: This species is easy to grow in heavy soils.
Maybe you’re interested in 11 Recipes for a spectacular grill
The super advantage that carrots have is that they can be found at any time of the year, but a good season for them will always be those that are grown in late spring, which are small, sweet and very tender, while those in winter , they are thicker, so cooking improves their flavor and consistency. For this reason we have decided to bring together several of the richest and most delicious carrot recipes that you cannot stop trying.
Those tender carrots of good color have a delicate flavor and are the best to eat raw.
Do not miss: 6 curious facts about the carrot
- Its root is thick and elongated, generally conical, of greater or lesser length, it all depends on the variety to which it corresponds.
- The most consumed carrots are usually 15 to 17 centimeters in size and, depending on the variety, can reach up to 20 centimeters in length, while their weight is between 100 and 250 grams.
- Its color is generally orange, but you will also find white, red or yellow; some of Asian origin are purple-skinned.
- When carrots are tender and fresh, they have a delicate flavor and are slightly sweet.
You are interested in reading: 9 Recipes with vegetables to savor
- It is rich in various nutrients such as Vitamin A and Carotenoids.
- They are a source of minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine, and calcium.
- It also contains Vitamin B3 (niacin), Vitamin E and K, and folates.
Keep reading: 5 tips to start a garden at home
- Vitamin A and carotenoids act in the body in various ways, beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant compound that is transformed into vitamin A, which is also known as retinol, which helps promote the proper functioning of the human retina, same that helps us see better in low light.
- Thanks to its high content of potassium and phosphorus, carrots regenerate the nerves, thus becoming a perfect food to awaken those tired minds.
- Vitamins A, B and C together with nutrients such as flavonoids have the ability to make the skin heal more easily, this in case of suffering an external injury, as well as keep it healthy. This is because the alpha and beta carotenes contained in carrots are super beneficial nutrients for the health of the skin, since they become an antioxidant that helps fight free radicals, reduce inflammation in case of injury and accelerate the process of healing of injured skin.
- In a report published by the WHO in 2014, the carrot is one of the foods with the most anticancer properties, which is due to its high level of carotenoids, substances that give it that orange color and are capable of preventing various types of cancer such as the lung or breast.
- Those people who suffer from anorexia or another eating disorder and are coming out of it, are recommended to eat carrot, as it stimulates the appetite.
Maybe you’re interested: 8 different ways to prepare and taste cochinita pibil
We love the carrot because it can be enjoyed in a unique way, it combines very well with the sweet and the salty, so you must imagine all the incredible dishes and desserts that you can make with it. The best thing you can do is decide to create all the incredible carrot recipes that we have for you and enjoy its wonderful flavor.
How to make roasted carrots
Did you run out of ideas in the kitchen again? If you are interested in knowing how to make roasted carrots, we recommend that you continue reading so that you can accompany your main dish with this recipe. 5…
Carrot and pumpkin cream
Colorful food will always attract our attention, but if it has a super delicious flavor, it will be the perfect combination, so do not think twice before enjoying …
Carrot cream with ginger chips
For foods that make you sigh, there is nothing better than a good carrot cream with ginger chips, a super delicious and unique dish that will fill you with …
Carrot and walnut cake
Any day is a good day to enjoy the incredible taste of a delicious carrot and walnut cake like this one, do you fancy it? Well this is just the …
Carrot soup with touches of tangerine
You will love trying this delicious carrot soup with hints of tangerine. Keep reading and know what you need to prepare this easy recipe. You are interested in reading: 14 Recipes of …
Caramelized carrot cream with honey
For a very special dinner, we recommend preparing a caramelized carrot cream with honey. Its flavor will captivate all your guests. Without a doubt prepare it. You are interested in reading: 14 …
For delicious desserts there is nothing better than these surprising carrot muffins, a practical and delicious treat that will be able to reach every corner of your body and …
Roasted pear and carrot sandwich with miso
You’ll love savoring this roasted pear and carrot sandwich with miso, a delicious mix of fruits and vegetables. Did you fancy it? You are interested in reading: 14 Carrot recipes that …
Light carrot pudding
Taking care of your figure is not a limitation for not being able to enjoy those pleasures of life that desserts provide us, so do not stay with the …
Lentil salad with carrot
If you want originality in the kitchen, prepare this carrot lentil salad and discover new flavors that a salad can provide you, so forget about the typical ones …
Vegan recipe: Carrot tinga that you will love
Give your meals a twist by experimenting with new ingredients, like this carrot tinga, which will surprise you with its incredible flavor and juiciness. Expand your culinary skills and always …