We know that desserts are expendable from a health point of view, but why fool ourselves, few of us could completely renounce them. It’s okay to indulge yourself from time to time, especially if we mostly prioritize healthier options. These sweet recipes for a healthy diet show that not all desserts have to be sugar and fat bombs.
If our diet is really healthy all year round, we shouldn’t be obsessed when on some special occasion we have a piece of chocolate cake. The important thing is knowing how to limit your sugar intake each day and prioritize healthier sweets whenever possible. So the best thing is to bet on homemade elaborations in which we control the quality of the ingredients.
AÇAÍ BOWL, a healthy, delicious, nutritious and super easy breakfast to make Instafood
1. Chocolate, avocado and banana cream with dates
- Ingredients. 200 g of ripe avocado, 40 g of juicy pitted dates, 25 g of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 ripe banana, 50 g of dark chocolate, 1 orange, 5 ml of vanilla essence, 150 ml of almond milk or hazelnuts, optional honey to taste, a pinch of salt, red fruits and nuts to taste.
- Elaboration. Remove the pulp from the avocado; melt the chocolate and chop the pitted dates. Blend the avocado with the dates, add the cocoa, salt, vanilla, orange zest and a tablespoon of juice, and blend again. Add the peeled banana, blend and add the chocolate. E add the milk little by little, adjusting the texture. Sweeten with honey if desired. It is necessary to obtain a totally homogeneous and creamy texture, without lumps. Leave in the fridge for at least half an hour and serve with red fruits and nuts to taste.
Link | Chocolate, avocado and banana cream with dates
2. Avocado truffles
- Ingredients. 1 ripe avocado, 80 g of dark chocolate for desserts, 10 g of butter, unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Elaboration. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave for three one-minute sets. With the help of a spoon, extract the pulp from the avocado and mash it with a fork until you get a cream. Pour in the chocolate and work the mixture until it is homogeneous. You will get a dough with a very light texture that is impossible to handle, so it is best to put the dough in the freezer for about 45 minutes. Shape the truffles into balls with spoons or with your hands. Roll them with cocoa powder. Store the truffles in the fridge if you are going to eat them at the moment, they last a couple of days in good condition.
Link | Quick and easy avocado truffle recipe (with video included)
3. Pannacotta with cocoa
- Ingredients. 4.5 g of gelatin in sheets, 1 vanilla bean, 375g of whipping cream, 1.5 g of stevia, 50 ml of liquid cream for the sauce, 50 g of unsweetened dark chocolate.
- Elaboration. Hydrate the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes. Place the cream in a saucepan with the grains that we will remove from the vanilla, and its pod. Add the stevia and heat over low heat for one minute or until it reaches 40ºC. Remove from the heat and add the drained gelatin, stirring to dissolve. Fill half of the bowls and put in the fridge for 30 minutes, reserving the rest of the pannacotta at room temperature. For the sauce, we heat the cream with the chocolate for 15 seconds in the microwave, stir and reheat until stirring with a spatula we see that the two ingredients are integrated and there is a fluid and shiny mixture. Add a teaspoon on top of the gelled pannacotta and return to the fridge for 10 minutes. Fill the bowls with the rest of the pannacotta and let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with a few drops of sauce before serving.
Link | Pannacotta with cocoa. Sugar-free recipe for the whole family to enjoy
4. Carrot, hazelnut and almond cake
- Ingredients. 240 g of finely grated carrot, 2 L eggs, 1 lemon, 80 g of ground hazelnut, 70 g of ground almond, 5 ml of vanilla essence, 5 g of cinnamon, 3 g of ginger, 5 g of sodium bicarbonate, one pinch of salt, 2 egg whites L.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a rectangular mold of about 20 cm. Mix the finely grated carrots with the juice of half the lemon. Reserve. Beat the eggs with the vanilla using a whisk. Incorporate the hazelnut, almond, spices, bicarbonate and salt. Stir and add the carrot, mixing well. Assemble the egg whites apart and add them with enveloping movements. Take to the mold and add a little cinnamon. Bake for about 40 minutes, until when you click the center with a toothpick, it comes out practically clean. Wait a bit before unmolding and let cool on a wire rack.
Link | Carrot, hazelnut and almond sugar-free sponge cake
5. Chia, coconut and dried fruit pudding
- Ingredients. 4 tablespoons of chia seeds, 4 dates, 200 ml of coconut water, 200 ml of coconut milk, 16 hazelnuts, 2 tablespoons of sultanas, 1 natural sweetened yogurt, rolled dehydrated coconut (optional) and honey (optional).
- Elaboration. Soak the dates in warm water for 30 minutes. We drain, remove the bones and chop. We crush with the coconut water. Add the coconut milk, half of the yogurt and beat with a few rods until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the raisins and chia seeds. We stir and let the mixture rest for a minimum of two hours in the fridge. We stir the mixture and, if we find it too thick, we add a little milk. We divide into four glasses, with a teaspoon of yogurt, hazelnuts and some raisins. We can also add a little honey and decorate with dehydrated coconut.
Link | Chia, coconut and dried fruit pudding
6. Orange balsamic strawberries with creamy cheese
- Ingredients. 4-5 ripe strawberries, 1 orange, 1 tablespoon of Modena balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon of Sherry vinegar, 1 pinch of coarse salt, 1 pinch of black pepper, agave syrup or honey to taste, 200 g of cheese fresh skim smoothie, fresh basil or mint.
- Elaboration. Mix the vinegars, salt, black pepper, agave or honey syrup and orange juice in a bowl, approximately half a glass. Reserve the skin. Taste and adjust the sweetness point. Remove the stalks from the washed strawberries and cut into slices or cubes. Arrange in a bowl and cover with the marinade, mixing well. Let stand in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Beat the skim cheese until it is creamy, adding honey or sweetener if desired. Divide into bowls and add the strawberries, sprinkling with a little of the juices. Serve with basil or mint and grate a little orange peel.
Link | Orange balsamic strawberries with creamy cheese
7. Vegan chocolate truffles
- Ingredients. 160 g of juicy pitted dates, 80 g of rolled almonds, 1/2 teaspoon of decaffeinated soluble coffee, 1 pinch of salt, 1 pinch of cayenne (optional), a few drops of rum or vanilla essence, 20 g of cocoa in unsweetened powder, a little water or orange juice, cocoa powder and pistachios, coconut or hazelnuts to coat.
- Elaboration. Chop the dates and place them in a mincer, grinder or food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients except the water and blend until you have a homogeneous dough. Add a splash of water or juice and process again until a wet, malleable texture is achieved. Taste the dough and add more cocoa or spices if we want to adjust the flavor. Take small portions of dough with a teaspoon and form balls with your hands. Coat in the desired ingredient, shake off the excess and place on a tray or in chocolate capsules. They can be tasted immediately or left to cool and harden in the fridge.
Link | Vegan chocolate truffles
8. Creamy two-ingredient banana ice cream
- Ingredients. 2 large ripe bananas, 1 tablespoon butter or creamy peanut butter, with no added salt or sugar.
- Elaboration. Peel and slice the very ripe bananas. Freeze for at least two hours. After that time, place in the glass of a good blender, mincer or food processor. Start grinding at high speed, stirring well from time to time to avoid sticking, until you have a creamy texture. Add the butter or peanut butter and blend everything again, until the desired creamy and homogeneous texture is achieved. It can be served directly or returned to the freezer in an airtight container to solidify a little, between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
Link | Creamy banana ice cream with just two ingredients!
9. Fitness oatmeal, cinnamon and apple cake
- Ingredients. 20 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 250 g of oatmeal, 2 tablespoons of cinnamon, sweetener to taste, 2 apples, peeled, quartered and sliced, 1 0% yogurt and an envelope of chemical yeast.
- Elaboration. We peel and slice the apples, and sprinkle them with lemon juice. We put the whites, the egg, the oats, the cinnamon, the sweetener, the yogurt and the yeast envelope in the blender glass and we beat everything until we obtain a homogeneous mixture, which will have a quite liquid texture. We grease a square or rectangular baking dish with a little oil, which can be olive, sunflower or coconut, so that the dough does not stick. Pour the mixture into the mold and distribute the chopped apples. Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for about 45 minutes or until it comes out clean with a toothpick. We take the cake out of the oven and let it cool before cutting.
Link | Fitness oatmeal, cinnamon and apple cake. Protein recipe
10. Light cheesecake
- Ingredients. 2 L eggs, 3 L egg whites, 40 g of sugar or equivalent sweetener, 1 pinch of salt, 5 ml of vanilla essence, lemon zest, 500 g of skimmed whipped fresh cheese, 500 g of natural skimmed yogurt, 60 g of cornstarch (cornstarch), strawberry jam without sugar.
- Elaboration. Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a removable round mold. Cover the bottom with greaseproof paper and grease the edges. Beat the eggs, whites and sugar with a whisk until foamy. Add the salt, vanilla, lemon zest, fresh cheese and drained yogurts. Beat some more …