The month of November opens with the feast of All Saints, but World Vegan Day is also celebrated. It is an occasion to spread and disseminate the values of this lifestyle, which every year is gaining in international repercussion. Still many people think that a vegan diet cannot be complete, so with this selection of recipes rich in vegetable proteins we want to debunk that myth.
A well planned vegan diet can be perfectly healthy; the only mandatory supplement is vitamin B12. There are many plant foods that can provide us with the necessary proteins, but if we have doubts, it is best to consult specialized nutritionists. With these recipes we want to show that we can prepare many complete and delicious vegan dishes, and you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy them.
Legumes, cereals, seeds, nuts, and seaweed are some of the plant-based foods that provide good sources of protein. Although many of these products are not “complete” proteins, that is, they do not contain all amino acids, a varied diet that combines different food groups Yes, it will provide us with all the necessary nutrients, as the dietician-nutritionist Lucía Martínez explains. Also, soybeans or quinoa are complete sources of amino acids.
If we want a vegan dish very rich in vegetable proteins All you have to do is combine, for example, lentils with brown rice, beans with quinoa, hummus with seed toasts, oatmeal with nuts and seeds, couscous with almonds or walnuts, tofu with vegetables and nuts … There are many options . Simply accompanying a legume stew with good whole grain bread, we already have a good portion of protein, and many other essential nutrients.
Cauliflower fillets with chimichurri sauce
1. Rice noodles with tofu and pepper stir fry
Discard the liquid from the tofu and drain well. Wrap in several layers of kitchen paper and leave for at least 15 minutes with a weight on top. Cut into bite-size cubes. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and brown the tofu on all sides. Remove. Cook the rice noodles in boiling water with a little salt for about three minutes, following the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water, loosening them a bit with a fork. Reserve. Grate or finely chop the ginger. Cut the pepper into thin strips. Sauté both ingredients in the same pan over high heat for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper, add the soy sauce and spices. Sauté 5 minutes. Return the tofu, give a few turns and add the noodles. Mix everything well until they are integrated. Serve with chopped parsley.
Complete recipe | Rice noodles with tofu and pepper stir fry. Vegetarian gluten-free recipe
2. Vegan potato omelette
- Ingredients. 400 g of potato, 150 g of onion, 70 g of chickpea flour, 180 ml of water, extra virgin olive oil and salt.
- Elaboration. We peel the potatoes and cut them into thin slices. Peel the onion and cut it julienne. Heat plenty of extra virgin olive oil in a pan and fry both ingredients over low heat for about 30 minutes with the pan covered. Stir occasionally. In a deep and wide container we mix the water with the chickpea flour and beat until there are no lumps. When the potato and onion are ready, drain through a colander to remove the excess oil. We add it to the mixture of water and chickpea flour and season to taste. Heat a little oil in a medium skillet and curdle over low heat for about five minutes on each side, tucking the edges down to shape. It is important to respect the setting time so that the flour is not raw.
Complete recipe | Vegan potato omelette, an egg-free recipe more than surprising (with video included)
3. Quinoa, roasted pumpkin and pomegranate salad
- Ingredients. 300 g of pumpkin, 1 red onion, 75 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 200 g of quinoa, 30 g of mixed seeds, fresh coriander to taste, fresh mint to taste, 1 pomegranate, 20 ml of lemon juice.
- Elaboration. We will start by preheating the oven to 220 degrees. We cut the peeled pumpkin into cubes and the red onion into slices and roast them with a little salt and a tablespoon of olive oil for 20 minutes. On the other hand, we wash the quinoa and cook it in boiling salted water for 10 to 15 minutes. We drain it and let it drain completely. We combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl. Add the quinoa, roasted pumpkin and onion, and stir. Season and serve with the chopped herbs on top.
Complete recipe | Quinoa, roasted pumpkin and pomegranate salad. Vegan recipe
4. Vegan tofu scramble
- Ingredients. 250 g of firm tofu, 1/2 red onion, 1 stalk of celery, 1 piece of ginger, 1/2 teaspoon of tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1 pinch of sweet or hot paprika, 1 splash of white wine, lemon zest, a little water, black pepper, salt, fresh parsley or coriander, extra virgin olive oil.
- Elaboration. Wrap the drained tofu in kitchen paper and leave for at least 15 minutes with a weight on top. Finely chop the red onion, the celery and the peeled ginger piece. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and add the ginger. When it begins to release aroma, add the onion and celery, salt and stir a few times over medium heat. Add the tomato paste, the spices and a little wine. Cook for about 10 minutes. Crumble the tofu with a fork until it is grainy. Add it to the pan, season and add a touch of lemon zest. Sauté and add a little more spices if desired. In the event that it is very dry, add a little water or broth. Cook the whole for 7-8 minutes and serve with chopped fresh parsley or coriander.
Complete recipe | Vegan tofu scramble. Healthy recipe
5. Light falafel
- Ingredients. 240 g of cooked and drained chickpeas, 2 slices of pan, 50 g of onion, 2 peeled garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, 1 bunch of fresh coriander, 1 bunch of fresh parsley , 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon of chemical yeast, water (optional).
- Elaboration. Wash the drained chickpeas and mash all the ingredients in the Magimix Cook Expert robot or food processor, adjusting the texture with water if necessary. We take small portions of the dough and form balls of equal size. It is advisable to moisten your hands so that the dough does not stick to us. We place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper and lightly squash them with our hands. Let it rest for an hour in the fridge or in a cold area of the kitchen. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC, up and down with traditional heat, for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. We turn each one halfway through cooking, that is, after the first 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Complete recipe | How to make light falafel. Recipe with and without Magimix Cook Expert
6. Juicy vegan zucchini omelette
- Ingredients for 2 people. 60 g chickpea flour, 1 large zucchini, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic, 1 teaspoon Provencal herbs to taste, 1 heaping tablespoon of flaked yeast, 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice, black pepper, 120 ml of water, extra virgin olive oil.
- Elaboration. Arrange the chickpea flour, salt, baking soda, spices, flaked yeast and a dash of pepper in a medium bowl. Mix with a few rods and add the water and lemon juice. Mix well until you have a slightly thick liquid mass, without lumps. Wash and dry the zucchini. Grate over the dough with a coarse grating. Mix everything very well until you have a juicy dough. Grease a good skillet or non-stick pan that can be placed in the oven. Pour the dough and distribute it well, flattening with a spatula or ladle. Cook over low-medium heat and preheat the oven to 160ºC. Raise the heat a little after a few minutes, and check that it is curdling from the bottom by gently removing the edges. If it bubbles through the center, lower the heat a little. After 10 minutes, when we see that the edges are already well browned, take to the oven in the highest part that we can. Gratin until golden brown on top and pour over onto a large plate.
Complete recipe | Juicy vegan zucchini omelette. Healthy recipe
7. Cashew butter
- Ingredients. 250 g of cashews.
- Elaboration. Preparing cashew butter is as easy as putting the cashews in the mixing bowl or processor and grinding them for two to three minutes. We stop for a minute and start the robot again. We will repeat this operation about ten times, little by little the butter will form. We will know that it is ready when we obtain a smooth and manageable paste, easy to spread.
Complete recipe | How to make cashew butter. Prescription
8. Chickpea curry with mango
- Ingredients. 300 g of cooked chickpeas, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 small spring onion, 2 g of coriander seeds, 2 g of cumin seeds, 1 curry or bay leaf, 2 small fresh chillies (to taste), 1 small leek and fine, 1 small carrot, 1 small celery, 5 g of ground curry mix, 1 ripe mango, 200 g of coconut milk or kitchen oat “cream”, 5 ml of lemon juice, fresh parsley or coriander, red pepper black, salt and olive oil.
- Elaboration. Finely chop the garlic, the peeled ginger and the spring onion. Wash and chop the vegetables, or cut into sticks. Remove the pulp from the mango and blend with its juices to make it creamy. Heat oil in a frying pan or casserole with the cumin, coriander and curry or bay leaves, until they release their aroma. Add the garlic and chive paste and stir well over low heat for about 8-10 minutes. Incorporate the vegetables. Lightly salt and pepper and add the curry mixture. Sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes and add the mango pulp, coconut milk and stir well. Carry…