If you like us also love it, surely you will be interested in knowing all the great benefits of beets and knowing what it contributes to your health when you eat it.
Beets are not only characterized by their intense color, but also by their unique flavor and if we add to this the fact that they have large Benefits that do a lot of good to the Health, we end up getting a magnificent and delicious food to include without thinking about the diet.
You can read: 10 benefits of spirulina for your health
Know the beet benefitsDiscover why it is known as a superfood that will help you maintain your health in optimal condition as well as filling it with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and photochemicals.
Maybe you are interested: Benefits of drinking orange juice that you should know
BENEFITS OF BETABEL THAT YOU MUST KNOW TO ENJOY IT MORE
- Thanks to its low glycemic index, it helps keep blood sugar levels low and under control.
- The betaine it contains protects cells, proteins and enzymes from stress, as well as stimulates liver cells, thereby reducing the risk of liver disease.
- Helps detoxify your body and improve digestion.
- It helps to improve intestinal flow, since it acts as a natural laxative, regulating the intestinal movement.
- The beet leaves and the juice They are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two carotenoids that take care of your retina.
- Its nitrates relax and dilate blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
- In a study carried out by Howard University in Washington DC, it found that the betacyanin it has prevents the formation of cancerous tumors and eliminates all harmful toxins from your body.
- Thanks to its iron content, it helps fight anemia.
- Its antioxidants help fight aging.
- Increases blood flow to the brain, which helps you prevent the development of neurodegenerative diseases.
- It is ideal for the skin, it prevents and relieves acne, and it also helps you eliminate blemishes.
- It is an important source of folic acid for pregnant women.
Maybe you’re interested: 3 healthy juices that you should add to your diet
PROPERTIES OF BETABEL
For every 100 grams you consume of beets, you get the following:
- 43 calories
- 9.56 g of carbohydrates
- 1.61 g of protein
- 0.17 g fat
- 2.8 grams of fiber
- Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc and copper.
- Vitamins: vitamin C, thiamine, rivoflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin E, and vitamin K.
HOW TO COOK BETABEL
After seeing all the properties of beets and why it is good to consume it, it is time to add it to our diet. To do this, here are several recipes with beets that you should prepare. It can be cooked in different ways, depending on what you want to cook or how long you have.
The first is the most traditional way: put clean water in a pot and boil it; When the boiling begins, place the dried and well-washed beet without roots, and the pot is over medium heat. Now you have to wait approximately 40 minutes for it to be well cooked. As a tip, you can add two teaspoons of vinegar or lemon to prevent them from releasing their color
If there is not much time, the best option is the pressure cooker, which will do it in around 20 minutes. Likewise, you just have to place the whole beets in the pot with water, add salt and cover, and let the pressure cooker do its thing.
Discover more health and nutrition tips in Easy Kitchen