You’re a passionate about pasta? And who doesn’t! If you are one of those who would eat it daily, today you can take the opportunity to indulge yourself with the excuse of World Pasta Day, a celebration that has brought together lovers of this gastronomic delight since 1998. And to make it a tribute as it deserves, we suggest you get out of the routine with very original pasta recipes.
We must vindicate quality pasta dishes, with homemade preparations and using good ingredients, as part of a balanced and healthy diet. If we avoid the most common mistakes we make when cooking it and do not resort to processed sauces, we can surprise at home with different recipes that will make you forget the carbonara with cream.
1. Pasta elbows with black truffle and pecorino cheese
- Ingredients for 2 people. 150 g of short pasta type elbows or sharks, fresh black truffle to taste, 50 g of Pecorino cheese, 150 ml of liquid cream for cooking
- Elaboration. We start by cooking the pasta in salted water in a pan. As the manufacturer’s instructions said that this short pasta variety would need 11 minutes, we left it to cook for 8 minutes in plenty of water. While we are grating the cheese and the black truffle. A little bit is enough to add flavor and color to our recipe. We drain the water leaving a pinch in the pan and add the liquid cream, letting the pasta finish cooking for another 3 minutes in this new liquid. When the bubbles in the cream start to swell, add the pecorino cheese and a large part of the grated truffle and let it cook for an extra minute. We serve quickly and at the table, sprinkle each serving with a little more grated truffle.
Complete recipe | Pasta elbows with black truffle and pecorino cheese, Italian recipe ready in 12 minutes
2. Macaroni cake
- Ingredients for 2 people. 200g of large macaroni (tortiglioni), 200g of minced meat, 1 onion, 350ml of tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese and a mixture of cheeses for gratin (emmental, mozzarella, cheddar and semi-cured).
- Elaboration. We heat water with salt and when it comes to a boil we add the pasta. In this case it is important to cook it very al dente. On the other hand, we brown a chopped onion in a pan with a little oil, then we add the meat and finally the fried tomato. Once the macaroni are drained, we sprinkle a little grated Parmesan and place them “face up” in a tart mold, so that all the holes in the macaroni are visible. Then we cover with the tomato sauce and finish with the cheese mixture. Finally, we bake for 15 minutes in the upper part of the oven at 225º, until the cheese is gratinated, and voila, as soon as we carefully unmold we will have our macaroni cake ready to serve.
Complete recipe | Macaroni cake
3. Spicy spaghetti with prawns, cherry tomatoes and whiskey
- Ingredients for 4 people. 400 g of spaghetti, 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 200 g of prawns, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 cayenne, 200 g of cherry tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of whiskey, 140 ml of liquid cooking cream, 1 lemon (juice ), 30 g of Parmesan cheese.
- Elaboration. We will start by heating the olive oil in a casserole or frying pan, once hot we add the peeled prawns, the minced garlic clove, the cayenne, the lemon zest and the cherry tomatoes, and sauté everything for about two minutes. We carefully add the whiskey and let it evaporate for a few seconds. Add the cream, stir and cook everything together for two more minutes, separating from the heat. Season with salt and pepper and add the lemon juice on top. While we are finishing the sauce we put a pot with plenty of water and salt to heat, we cook the pasta for the time indicated on the package, we drain it and we mix it quickly with the sauce. We serve hot with the Parmesan.
Complete recipe | Spicy spaghetti recipe with prawns, cherry tomatoes and whiskey
4. Roasted pumpkin and goat cheese lasagna
- Ingredients for 4 people. 600 g of already roasted pumpkin, 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil, 5 ml of mustard, dried thyme, granulated garlic, dried oregano, 600 ml of not very thick béchamel sauce, 100 g of roll goat cheese, 10- 12 sheets of pasta for lasagna, grated cheese for gratin, ground black pepper, salt.
- Elaboration. Prepare a light béchamel that does not come out too thick. Preheat the oven to 220ºC and follow the pasta manufacturer’s instructions, in case we need to cook or pre-hydrate the lasagna sheets. Put a thin layer of béchamel sauce at the bottom of the source that we are going to use and place a layer of pasta on top. Start alternating layers, first dividing the pumpkin, then sprinkling with béchamel sauce and adding crumbled goat cheese. Assemble three or four more layers of pasta, depending on how the ingredients are abundant. Finish with a layer of pasta, cover with béchamel sauce and add grated cheese to taste. Give a hit of pepper and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the pasta is well cooked and the cheese is melted and gratin to taste. Let stand a few minutes before serving with oregano on top.
Complete recipe | Roasted Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Lasagna – Delicious Vegetarian Recipe
5. Rigatoni with Thai style pork tenderloin
- Ingredients for 4 people. 300 g of rigatoni, 200 g of pork tenderloin, 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, 400 ml of coconut milk, 50 ml of tomato sauce, fresh thyme to taste, 1 natural yogurt, ground cumin to taste, ground turmeric to taste, sweet paprika to taste, ground cinnamon to taste.
- Elaboration. Mix 1 yogurt, a pinch of cumin, a teaspoon of paprika, half of cinnamon and half of turmeric. Let the pork tenderloin cut into small portions marinate for two hours. Cook the pasta according to the manufacturer’s instructions, drain the meat from its marinade and lightly brown it in a pan. When ready, add the coconut milk, peanut butter and a tablespoon of fried tomato to the same pan. Let cook for two or three minutes until the ingredients are well integrated. We drain the pasta and add it to the pan where we stir until well mixed. At the last moment, sprinkle with some fresh thyme leaves that will give an aromatic touch to the recipe.
Complete recipe | Rigatoni with Thai style pork tenderloin. Elegant pasta recipe
6. Black spaghetti with scallops and crunchy Parmesan
- Ingredients for 4 people. 500 g of black spaghetti, 60 g of grated Parmesan cheese, 1 red or white onion, 6 large scallops, 400 ml of evaporated milk, salt, ground white pepper, extra virgin olive oil.
- Elaboration. We started with the crispy Parmesan. To make it we need parchment paper, from which we cut twelve squares of about 8×8 cm. We distribute the grated Parmesan over six of them and spread it in a circular shape. Cover with the other six squares of paper and bake in the microwave, on medium power, for 45 seconds. We withdraw and reserve.
We make the sauce. Chop the red onion into fine brunoise, heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and poach it over a very low heat. We remove the corals from the scallops and add them chopped to the onion, stir and cook over medium heat for a couple of minutes. Add the evaporated milk, add salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Boil the spaghetti and grill the seasoned scallops over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. We drain the spaghetti, mix them well with the sauce and plate them. Garnish with a scallop and a parmesan crunch.
Complete recipe | Recipe for black spaghetti with scallops and crunchy Parmesan, today we eat pasta!
7. Pasta salad with pickled quail, walnuts and pesto
- Ingredients for 4 people. 200 g of pasta, 2 pickled quails, 6 cherry tomatoes, 3 tablespoons of pomegranate grains, 12 walnuts, 2 tablespoons of the pickled sauce sauce and 3 tablespoons of pesto sauce (20 basil, 25 g walnuts, 25 g Parmesan , 1 garlic, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil).
- Elaboration. Cook the pasta al dente. We cool the pasta in cold water and drain it well over a colander. Chop the cherry tomatoes and spread them over the pasta. We crack the walnuts and cut them into pieces. We reserve the larger ones for the salad and mash the smaller ones with some basil leaves, the Parmesan and two tablespoons of olive oil to make a pesto. Bone the quails. Assemble the salad by placing the pasta with the cherry tomatoes at the base, and the quail meat in the center. We spread the walnuts and the pomegranate seeds all over the salad and cover it with the special pesto vinaigrette. Mix 3 tablespoons of the homemade pesto sauce and 2 of the pickled vinegar in a bowl and spread this vinaigrette over the salad.
Complete recipe | Pasta salad with pickled quail, walnuts and pesto
8. Mafaldine in red wine
- Ingredients for 2 people. 250 g of mafaldine or another type of long and wide pasta, 1 large spring onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1 bay leaf, 1 branch of rosemary, dried or fresh oregano to taste, sweet paprika to taste, 200 ml of chicken broth or vegetables, 250 ml of decent quality red wine, 250 ml of water, 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil, ground black pepper, salt, Parmesan cheese or Grana Padano.
- Eaboration. Chop the chives and garlic clove. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté both ingredients with a pinch of salt and the bay leaf. When they begin to be transparent, add the rosemary, oregano, paprika, broth, red wine and water, mixing everything well. Add the pasta and a dash of black pepper. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes, until the pasta is al dente and with the sauce reduced. Stir occasionally at the end of cooking. Remove the bay leaf and the rosemary branch. Serve with plenty of cheese, better if it is freshly grated, and oregano to taste.
Complete recipe | Mafaldine in Red Wine: Easy One-Pot Pasta Recipe
9. Penne rigate with Mexican chicken
- Ingredients for 2 people. 250 g of penne rigate or another short variety, 1 chicken pehuga, 150 g of cooked corn, 100 g of green sauce …