We do not know if in Spain we will be able to advance our already famous dinner hour, but it is clear that its preparation continues to give us many headaches. It is difficult to combine schedules with cooking at the end of the day, although many times it is not a lack of time, but rather of motivation. In this cookbook of quick and easy dinner ideas We compiled 101 very varied proposals to show that you can dine well every day by cooking at home.
Salads that are not boring
The number one resource when we have to eat something and we want it to be more or less healthy, are salads. Randomly pouring ingredients onto the plate based on what’s in the fridge isn’t always the best idea, although we can. take advantage of leftovers of other dishes to make them more complete.
The ideal is to adapt salads to the time of year and their seasonal products, with warm options if the cold is already pressing, and adding nutritious ingredients depending on how we have eaten the rest of the day. We put aside the typical (and boring) mixed lettuce and tomato salad to enjoy new flavors in light but filling dishes.
Sauteed fresh corn and chicken salad
Remove the leaves from the cob and the filaments, cut the base, wash, add oil and heat a griddle over medium-high heat. Cook the cob with a pinch of salt, turning it to brown well all over. It will take about 15-20 minutes. Remove. Take the opportunity to grill the chicken while it cools, if it is not already cooked.
Remove the grains by straight cuts with a good knife, vertically, leaving the stem clean. Heat a frying pan with a little oil and add the grains, stirring carefully to separate them completely. Add all the spices, season and sauté for about 8-10 minutes.
Prepare the salad by washing the lettuce well and cutting the chicken into strips, or shredding it. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Place a base of well drained leaves, distribute the corn, tomato and chicken. Add the goat cheese and season to taste.
More salad recipes
With the arrival of the cold they feel like more than ever and they feel great at dinner time. They can be left ready in advance or prepare a good quantity to even freeze in portions, and we only have season them with the complements that we fancy. Some cheese, nuts and seeds, egg or good bread are excellent options to round off the plate.
Pumpkin cream with dill
- Ingredients for 4 people. 500 g of peeled pumpkin without seeds, a bunch of fresh dill, 400-500 ml of vegetable broth, liquid cream or cheese to serve.
- Elaboration. We weigh and use 500 g of pumpkin cut into small pieces. We place it in a wide saucepan and place the dill on it, without the stems (which we discard). We water with vegetable broth and bring the whole to a boil. When the boil starts, lower the heat and cook at a low temperature for approximately 20 minutes. The time will depend on the size of the pumpkin pieces. If our vegetable broth is not seasoned, it will be necessary to season it. We test first to make sure we don’t miss the point. When the pumpkin is tender, we mash it and serve immediately.
More recipes for vegetable creams
When you fancy a more grounded spoon dish, to work your jaw with a variety of ingredients, soups are your allies. Uses a good base broth or go to the convenient commercial bricks that are of good quality, and choose the ingredients that you prefer to give it substance. With noodles, seafood, vegetarian, exotic … there are few limits in the soup universe.
- Ingredients for 4 people. 20 g of dried kombu seaweed, 1 tablespoon of katsuobushi (dried tuna or bonito flakes), 1 l of water, 1 tablespoon of white miso, wakame seaweed, soy sauce, 1 onion, 50 g of soft tofu.
- Elaboration. We hydrate the kombu seaweed for one hour in a liter of water. Afterwards, we put that same saucepan with the algae and water to heat and we turn off the fire as soon as it starts to boil. We remove the kombu seaweed and add the kasuobushi and let it infuse for 10-15 minutes. We will know that it is ready when the dehydrated bonito flakes have gone to the bottom of the saucepan. We strain and reserve that broth. We dissolve the miso paste in a glass of our dashi broth, while we put the rest of the broth to cook. When it is dissolved we integrate it with the rest of the broth to which we will add the wakame seaweed and the tofu cut into small cubes, leaving it to cook for 2 minutes. We serve the miso soup accompanied by julienned onion.
More soup recipes
Vegetarian and vegan recipes
Whether you are vegetarians or not at home, it is worth remembering that you can prepare a good meal without always resorting to meat and fish. If you are thinking of eat more vegetables, vegetarian recipes are a good option for dinner. Give variety to your weekly menus by introducing different vegetables according to the season.
Zucchini noodle wok with vegetables
- Ingredients for 2 people. 1 large zucchini, 1 carrot, 1 small onion, 1 spring onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, 5 ml of sunflower oil, 5 ml of sesame or coconut oil, 15 ml of tamari or soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of seeds of sesame.
- Elaboration. We wash the zucchini and pass it through a vegetable cutter in the form of a spiral or spiralizer. We wash and peel the carrot and also pass it through the spiralizer, although we can thinly laminate it. Peel the onion and chives and cut them in half. Then we cut each half into thin strips. We wash the red pepper and cut into thin strips. Heat the oils in a wok or large frying pan and sauté the onion, chives, carrots and peppers for two or three minutes. We stir without stopping. Add the tamari or soy sauce, a teaspoon of sesame seeds and stir. We add the zucchini noodles, mix everything well and sauté for a couple of minutes before serving.
More vegetarian recipes
Eggs and tortillas
More associated with breakfast in other cultures, the egg is another great wild card for a good and fast dinner. Better to do without -or limit- fried eggs and take advantage of their virtues to accompany them well. On the plate, scrambled, in an omelet or fritters, there are thousands of options to give them life. These are just a few suggestions.
Skillet of potatoes, eggs and avocado
- Ingredients for 4 people. 350 g of potatoes, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1 red pepper, 1 spring onion, 1 hot red pepper or chili, 4 free-range eggs, 1 large avocado, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, fresh coriander, salt and black pepper .
- Elaboration. We cut the peeled potatoes into cubes of the same size. We put a saucepan of water to boil and cook for six minutes, drain and reserve. In a frying pan, heat the oil, add the potatoes, the red pepper, the long hot pepper and the chives in pieces, then add the salt and black pepper. We cook everything together, stirring frequently, for about eight minutes. With the edge of a spoon, we make four partings in the mixture. We break an egg in each of these parts, reduce the heat and cover the pan, letting them cook for eight minutes. Once the whites are set, and out of the heat, add the diced avocado, the coriander and the lime juice.
More recipes with eggs
Recipes with meat
If you want to have some meat for dinner, do not always resort to chicken breast or a sad grilled steak. In less than an hourEven in just 30 minutes, you can prepare much tastier and more complete recipes, perfect for the whole family. Take advantage and double the servings to repeat another day of the week.
Pork tenderloin with quince
- Ingredients for 2 people. 1 pork tenderloin in 2 cm medallions, 1 onion, 150 g of quince paste, 300 ml of chicken broth, 4 cloves of garlic, extra virgin olive oil, salt, fresh black pepper rosemary (optional), a handful of pine nuts.
- Elaboration. Season the medallions. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and mark the meat over high heat together with the peeled garlic cloves. They should be sealed on the outside and raw on the inside. We withdraw and reserve. We discard the garlic. Add a little more oil and sauté the finely chopped onion for ten minutes or until transparent. Add the diced quince meat and cook until melted. Add the broth and boil for a few minutes to bind the sauce before returning the medallions to the pan. Cook for five minutes. If we want a sauce without stumbling, we crush it and strain it. We serve with toasted pine nuts.
More meat and poultry recipes
Fish and seafood dishes
More light and quick to cook, Fish used to be a regular at home dinners in family homes, as it was not easy to find it on daily menus or cafeterias. In addition, you can cook frozen fish and shellfish without previously defrosting, which saves us a lot of time when there are emergencies. Try to alternate between white and blue fish, which we should consume at least twice a week.
- Ingredients for 4-5 people. 1 kg of clean fresh salmon loin, 2 peeled potatoes, 1 green Italian pepper, 2 chives, 2 tomatoes, white wine, extra virgin olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Elaboration. We cut the potatoes into 5 mm thick slices, the bell pepper and chives in julienne strips and the tomato into slices. We distribute everything on the baking tray, season and add a little oil, water and white wine. Bake at 190º for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are turning color. Sprinkle well with pepper and place the seasoned salmon loin on the bed of vegetables. We add a few rings of the green of the chive. We let the salmon cook for about 10 minutes, being careful not to over time. We serve directly in the same oven source in which we have cooked it. It will be more attractive if we give it a one-minute final gratin hit.
More fish recipes
Express pizzas, pasta and cereals
Occasionally we can indulge ourselves in …