It’s your turn to learn some recipes with soy and its properties for you to take advantage of. This is a food that has gained popularity over the years and we explain why.
It may interest you: 12 super healthy tofu recipes that you should prepare
What is soy?
Soybeans or soybeans are a species in the legume family (Fabaceae). The soybean grain and its by-products (soybean oil and flour, mainly) are commonly used in human nutrition but, at this point you must ask yourself, how does this little seed benefit you? The nutritionist Laura Romero from the Nutrest center will explain it to us. Take note!
You are interested in reading: 10 benefits of wheat germ
10 Properties of this food
- Provides protein of plant origin, polyunsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recognized that 25 grams per day of soy protein can lower cholesterol levels and lower the risk of heart disease.
- The great protein value of this legume makes it a great substitute for meat in vegan diets; this is limiting in an amino acid (methionine), therefore it is important that it is combined with a cereal (rice, quinoa, oats) to be able to form a good quality of protein.
- It helps in menopausal disorders and during menstrual periods by presenting isoflavones, a type of phytoestrogens.
- Soy-based foods are recommended for obese and diabetic patients, due to their low glycemic index.
- One study suggests that foods with isoflavones, such as soy, can lower blood pressure. These substances help the body make nitric oxide, which helps widen the blood vessels.
- This legume acts as an antioxidant and moisturizer for the skin. Prevents the skin of your face from looking dry, stimulating the formation of collagen.
- The main property of this legume is protein, which acts as a skin restorer to improve the texture of the hands, feet, elbows and knees.
- Soybean oil also serves to promote hair growth, as well as add strength and shine to hair.
- Finally, it gives dry and damaged hair softness, shine and hydration. You will have a mane of envy!
You are interested in reading: 10 benefits of flaxseed for your health and beauty
Recipe: soy and walnut gazpacho
- 1 package of 185 g of hydrated and drained textured soybeans
- 3/4 of cup of walnut chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 g of panela cheese
- 1 1/2 liters of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and fry the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the walnut and cook without stopping to move, when it begins to release aroma, add the soy and 1/2 liter of milk; cook until boiling; remove and let cool.
- Blend the above together with the cheese and 1/2 liter of milk until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour into a container, add the rest of the milk and season.
Soybeans also contain a natural substance called purine, which when consumed in large amounts can make gout worse. Therefore, it is not recommended in people with this condition.
Are you going to give this food a try? Now that you know the properties of soy, do not miss the opportunity to try it.
We share more recipes with soy and more cooking tips in Easy Kitchen
Tofu with soy dressing
This tofu with soy dressing, in addition to being rich, has great benefits for your health. Learn how to prepare it at home.
Vegan menu: tofu balls, learn how to make them!
New to vegan cooking? You sure need a lot of recipes. Learn how to cook tofu balls in soy broth with vinegar and discover new flavors. Keep reading and score well …
Exquisite soy ceviche that you will love
A good diet is key to taking care of our health and avoiding diseases such as diabetes. If you are looking for healthy and delicious alternatives, this soy ceviche is for you. …
Caramelised chicken with soy
We are going to eat a caramelized chicken with soy for today, will you go in? This will be the greatest delight that you will taste on the day and that you will want to share with everyone; Do not hesitate…
Healthy and delicious soybean sprout chicken
If you are looking for something very healthy and delicious, the perfect combination for your palate and your body is this chicken with soy sprouts. You are interested in: Tostadas de tinga: recipes from …